My dog and I stayed here while travelling through the area. The hotel was nice, modern and my room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
Although the location was right next to the interstate, I didn't notice much, if any, traffic noise.
The check-in process was efficient and staff was nice. I asked if it was safe to take a walk in the immediate area and was told that it was.
There was plenty of green space available to walk the dogs (even had a little gazebo and BBQ grill available if any guests wanted to use it).
Because I had a dog with me, I asked for a downstairs room which I received. Unfortunately, the room was right across from the breakfast area which had my dog barking a few times whenever there was a loud noise. It didn't bother me that my dog barked, but I was concerned for other guests trying to sleep in the early morning hours.
The breakfast offerings were the standard breakfast items: yogurt, cereal, fruit, waffles, hard boiled eggs, muffins, etc. However, the hard boiled egg I tried was not fully cooked and the yolk was pretty soft (middle runny). I did report this to management.
I was concerned about a safety issue issue at this hotel. The side/rear door that is supposed to be locked 24/7 did not lock at all. Because of this, it appears to be possible for someone to enter the hotel via this unlocked door and go immediately upstairs and maybe into the hallways and not be seen by the front desk staff as one doesn't have to pass the front desk from this entrance (perhaps a security camera is watching this door - based on other reviews?). I asked the front desk person if she knew the door wasn't locking and she said they were aware of it.
After my stay, I received a note from the manager of this LQ and was told they were working to fix the lock. Now, in reading other recent reviews, it appears this lock has been an issue for a bit longer than since my stay in mid-June. I am hoping it is repaired soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check-in at our hotel for award-winning accommodations and exceptionally friendly staff who offer the best in warm, midwestern hospitality. Situated near the junction of I-65 and State Road 26 East, stay here to visit Purdue University and area businesses or take in history that shaped the country. Rooms and suites come with many conveniences - microwave, mini-fridge, work desk and chair, free Wi-Fi and more. The free Bright Side Breakfast(R) starts the day with hearty or light fare and plenty of coffee. Relax or play in the indoor pool, and reenergize in the fitness center. The many local and national chain restaurants along State Road 26 provide lots of dining choices. Travelers often prefer lodging in this community over busy Indianapolis. Higher education, a historic downtown, Native American history and diverse natural communities come together in this city one hour north of Indianapolis. Purdue University, Ivy Tech Community College and Harrison College graduate thousands of students from around the world every year. Among the manufacturers producing products here are Caterpillar, Subaru of Indiana, and Wabash National. The Tippecanoe Battlefield played an important role in Native American history and westward expansion. Settlers founded the city about 200 years ago, and many fine examples of turn-of-the-century architecture remain downtown. The area recently introduced a new state park that highlights multiple habitats such as wildflower prairies, woodlands and tall grass. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Baymont Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Baymont Inn