“NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Air conditioning did not work and room was dirty and musty smelling. Complained said they were sold out nothing they could do, the manager would be in at checkout and adjust or bill. Upon checkout manager or owner nowhere to be found. Told me the owner/ manager would call me as soon as they get in,. 4 days later no call so I called and was told there was nothing wrong with the room so nothing will be done. The worst customer service anywhere and the biggest rip off hotel. Never stay at this chain hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms are horrible Never Never stay here
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue T
Barbara G, Assistant Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hello Sue T, I apologize for the bad experience you encountered during your stay with us. We here at the LaQuinta aim to satisfy every guest that stays with us.I also apologize for the delayed response, if you'd like to contact me directly I'd be happy to discuss this matter with you.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hot tub looked like bacteria stew. Fitness room not cleaned and only one used towel wadded up in it. Fitness room was in same poor condition the next morning. Breakfast was the best part of the stay. The bed was comfortable but heard trucks on interstate all night.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Patrick D, thank you for you feedback and I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and allow us to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

After staying at a few different hotels in the Lafayette area, we decided to try La Quinta for a two night stay with our toddler son while we completed some work at Purdue. Upon checking in, we asked for a crib (which we called about earlier to verify that it was a crib and not a pack-and-play). We didn't receive said crib until we asked the front desk two more additional times. Then, when it arrived in our room, we found that it wasn't a full crib. It was a collapsible crib with a very thin mattress. It did not come with a fitted sheet or anything to go over the mattress. Additionally, the crib would not latch so that it would stay together well. The beds were uncomfortable, but the room was very clean. We were concerned, however, that our 2 year old could easily unlock and open the door to the room by simply pulling down on the handle. Yikes! It made me very nervous that he would slip out of the room while we were getting ready! We used the pool our first night and were disappointed- extremely chlorinated and FREEZING water. The pool looked like it had been a forgotten area of the hotel as the surrounding tile was unclean and the handle leading up the stairs was extremely loose. Overall, for a family with a small child, this was not a great hotel stay and we will not be returning to stay here again. We have stayed at other La Quinta hotels and had great experiences so we were hoping to have the same; boy were we disappointed!

1  Thank Valerie A

Hello Valerie A,

Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry about your recent stay with us. We definitely want to ensure that you and your family safe while staying with us. We are implementing your feedback and suggestions as training tools to ensure that every stay at the LaQuinta is an enjoyable one. We would love to see you again in the future and allow us to create a better experience for you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hello everyone. First let me say I pride myself in being an understanding person! On July 19th 2014 I and 9 other of my family members stayed at the la Quinta inn and suites for my brothers wedding we are all live about two hours away. On our second night in the hotel I found a bug I had never seen before crawling on the towels in the bathroom after comparing the bug to bugs online my web search revealed this bug to be a bed bug!! I had never seen one before!!! I picked the bug up with a tissue and very discreetly went to the front desk with the bug. I didn't want to alarm other guests, and thought it best to let the hotel handle in quietly and professionally. The night time clerk took a picture on her phone and made a detailed report of what occurred and apologized profusely I was very impressed with how genuinely concerned she was with this issue. Very sweet girl that's the only thing good I have to say about this hotel. The clerk told me I needed to come down in the morning to talk to the owner/ manager named mike. I waited till the morning went down to the desk he was not there I left my cell phone number for him to let me know when he got in. I did not receive a call so I finally went down and asked if he was in at about 11:00am at which point he was standing there. Once again I asked to speak privately to avoid an uproar with other guests, he came and looked in the room at which point he more or less accused me of trying to swindle them by bringing the bug in myself! I've never been accused of something so ridiculous in my entire life! "Mike" said that he would no admit they had a problem because then he would have to refund my money. I have stayed at many la quintas I've always loved them in the past but this one was just awful I would no recommend anyone to stay at this location. I wish I had went to the one located in Frankfort instead I have stayed there in the past and it was so much better in every way. I'm pretty appalled as I write this review I've never been treated so blatantly disrespectful when I was even trying to be kind and courteous. I will be calling the corporate complaint number tomorrow during their regular
business hours!!!! Hilton I believe you just gained a new customer!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank cpetitt
Kimberly E, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

The following response is respectfully submitted. We would like to first make note that this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of the LaQuinta Inns and Suites. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is no bed bug problem in any of the rooms at our location.

Although an isolated occurrence, anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us at the Laquinta Inns and Suites, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

As soon as our staff was notified of this incident, we immediately offered to move the guest to a new room, but the guest promptly discarded the offer. We are very happy to hear of the excellent service the guest was offered during the night of the incident, as we strive to offer professional and courteous service to all of our guests!

As the guest may not have mentioned, the manager, Mike, went through the bedding and sheets alongside the guest the following morning and found no trace of bed bugs. It wasn’t until after the inspection of the bedding that we were notified that the bed bugs were actually in the bathroom, which usually is an odd location for a case of bed bugs. We care deeply for the satisfaction of our guests and a refund is the least of our concerns when it comes to keeping our guests happy. However, we want to make sure every complaint is taken seriously and investigated thoroughly in order to maintain our professionalism and reputation.

This incident has been taken very seriously and we have already had our pest control vendor, who provides regular services every month, examine the room and make sure it is suitable for all of our future guests. As an experienced and conscientious hospitality professional this incident is both frustrating and alarming, as we host thousands of guests each year, consistently providing exemplary service and comfort.

We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort this guest experienced and once again, we would like to assure you that the Laquinta Inns and Suites does not have a bed bug problem. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to insure our guests’ comfort.

Employees of the Laquinta Inns and Suites in Lafayette, IN are firmly committed to guest satisfaction and the guest experience. We would like to personally invite you to experience this for yourself.

Laquinta Inns and Suites Management Team

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The La Quinta Inn, in Lafayette, IN, is in a great location for access from I 65, as well as dining and shopping. Hotel employees are helpful and courteous. The room we stayed was showing signs of wear & tear, but was clean.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Don R
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Second time staying at this property on the way back from vacation in Tennessee. Very comfortable and clean. Lots of restaurants in the area to grab a quick bite. The continental breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. We stayed on a Saturday and they were full which led to a packed pool area. Beds were great and got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

this hotel is very conveniently located near purdue university. It is also adjacent many restaurants a gas station and a large supermarket. The hotel rooms are very reasonable priced and yet they provide an excellent package for the customers. the rooms are clean and spacious, the place was quiet. breakfast was included and the wifi connection was good. I even got to use their exercise equipment twice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business