“Good: Friendly, quiet. Could use updating, maintenance”

TownePlace Suites Lafayette
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The best thing about the Townplace Suites in Lafayette is the actual separate bedroom. Lots of suites are just a big room with a half-wall, but this 1 br suite was a good size. Having a kitchenette is nice too.

The rate (gov't rate) was good. The staff was very friendly, and the GM was onsite, and was very nice and friendly and helpful.

Note that this hotel (and almost all others) aren't really close or convenient to Purdue. Expect to take 1/2 hour to get to campus.

The bed was fine, although my wife thought it wasn't very comfortable. The a/c kicked on pretty loudly but was easy enough to get used to. Internet was free and fast and easy (no silly passwords to enter).

Breakfast was fine - a few extras like biscuits & gravy, no typical hotel waffle machine. Just an observation - only good or bad if you like or hate hotel waffles.

Our room could have used a bit of updating. We thought the sink was slow, but the pull-thing to use the drain was missing. The shower drained terribly & grossly slowly. It could be a coincidence that both plumbing things were just in our room.

Would we stay here again? It would depend on the rate. There are a lot of other properties around here, but if the rate was right, we'd stay again - but we would look around first. I know there are a lot of properties around the Lafayette area that are not as nice!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Upon checking in, we were greeted by a staff member who seemed to be completely expecting us and referenced us by name! Made us feel as if we were VIPs! The room was clean, very comfortable and we had all we could ask for. Thanks for a GREAT stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Being a Marriott Rewards Member, we try to stay at Marriott hotels as much as possible. On a scale of 1 to 10, for Marriott, I'd give this one a 6 or 7. A decent place, nice size rooms, comfy bed, clean, the studio we stayed in had a decent "kitchen" area with a full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, real (not mini) coffee maker and a small "kitchen" table. Hotel is right off of I-65 which wasn't too bad, was hoping it was closer to Purdue as that is where we were heading. Looks to be an older hotel that they have tried to refurbish with new paint, carpeting and bedding, but still has an "older" feeling. Good breakfast the next morning - cereal, typical eggs, breakfast fries, sausage, instant oatmeal, toast, bagles, etc. Overall, a decent place to stay for the price (we were able to take advantage of the state government rate - if you use this, make sure to bring ID as this hotel does check - some do, some don't).

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early for the mini omlet...they go quick...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

When I reserved this room, the description made it sound like it was right on the Purdue campus - it's not. It took about 15 minutes to get to the campus. It was right off the freeway which wasn't bad. We stay in a TownePlace Suites in Omaha all the time so I thought I knew what I was in store for. This hotel is older & is not as nice as the one in Omaha. We did have a one bedroom suite and a full range in the kitchenette which was a nice surprise. The staff was also very friendly. The kid who checked us in is a current Purdue student and immediately gave us a map of the campus so we would know where we were going. He also brought us a missing remote from our suite. The other surprise was that they served a free dinner in addition to the free breakfast. The dinner was not something we would eat but I was able to make a huge salad and get drinks to add to the dinner we brought in.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Room type; 2 bedroom 2 bath suite with kitchen and fireplace. Stats: Beds; comfy Bathroom; clean, roomy with all you need. Room size; large 3 room with cupboards and full kitchens Check in; speedy. Overall impression; straight off the highway, easy to find. Could easily use this room overnight or for an extended stay. Fireplace was a nice touch the room was clean and well laid out, 3 of us stayed in the room and never really got in each others way. The hot breakfast was well presented and substantial and the eating area was pleasant. The staff were friendly and efficient. Would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I spent 38 nights in the time period of Dec 2010 to March 2011 at the TownePlace Suites by Marriot. I was sent to the area to train new personnel and I was traveling with my husband and our Sheltie dog. The total stay included checking in and out of the hotel 4 times. My company paid for the room and I was able to get a very good corporate rate by calling the desk before I checked in the first time.

The property is excellent and the room is so very comfortable. They have a good kitchen with a full size refrigerator, three burner stove top, and microwave. The kitchen is stocked with enough equipment to make pasta dishes and to sauté most any thing. There are enough dishes and glasses for 3 people. Also, if you wanted more of anything such as forks or plates then you would only need to ask at the desk to obtain what you want.

Every morning they provide a full hot breakfast buffet that is staffed with personnel that can assist you with your meal. Most hotels have unstaffed breakfast buffets. At this property there is a person there to refill supplies and to provide the little services that can make a difference. I like Vanilla Yogurt and once the staff knew that they always put a few Vanilla Yogurts out when they saw me.

One of the nicest things that the staff did for me was to give me the same room for each of the four stays. After a while it began to feel like we were coming home each time we checked in.

If you are planning to stay in one location for an extended period, try to find a place like this.

Room Tip: When planning a hotel stay call the property directly and ask questions. If you are staying at the s...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I had the good fortune tohave picked the TownePlace Suites for my business trip to Lafayette. I was greated with a very friendly staff that went out of their way to make sure my stay there was a pleasant one. I was very pleased with the corporate rate that was offered and then was very shocked to find out that it came with a full breakfast not just donuts and juice or coffee. I was even more shocked to find out that the price included supper on Monday thru Thursday. This hotel has a small pool and hot tub along with a weight room. All of which i took advantage of. They also offered a very well laid out room with a work area and a full kitchen that provided even a dish washer. If i could find anything wrong the only things i could think of is that the hot tub had the tiles were you sat missing and the key latch into the pool did not work every time. Sometimes you had to put you card in more than one to get the door to open. A very minor thing but that was the only things i could have complained about.

Room Tip: I was in several of the rooms and they all seems to be laid out simularly. I did not see a need to s...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business