“Spacious rooms and hot breakfast”

TownePlace Suites Lafayette
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Suite hotel - just purchased by Marriott, had gone by another name Spacious breakfast area with a HOT breakfast with good selections of hot and cold items Spacious rooms Staff flexible with check-in and check-out. Rooms have a dishwasher in addition to all standard kitchen appliances. Decent sized living area with gas fireplace in the two-bedroom suites. Great for families who need more space than a traditional room, Couch pulls out for an additional bed space. Will stay here again! We were traveling with 6 adults and one baby. Favorite amenity was lemon water in the lobby! There is a nice indoor pool and also an exercise room.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriot rewards member you may be able to upgrade your room. We had reserved 1 singe b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I stayed a single night on a Saturday. The staff was very helpful and the hotel nice and clean. It was close to Halloween and they had a bucket of fun size candy out when we arrived. We are platinum members and we asked for a 2 bedroom upgrade in case our son drove up to join us. They happily obliged which was nice even though he didn't come up. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast typical for a Townplace. The staff kept the kept the food items plentiful which was nice. Overall, breakfast was good. We didn't use the pool or exercise equipment so I can't comment on those items.

We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the interstate but we didn't hear any road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel staff was very good and very friendly. The breakfast was also very nice and the breakfast attendees were very nice and also quite friendly. The suites are very accommodating but are a rather tight fit with all the furniture crammed in each bedroom. Value was very good as 1 suite here for 2 nights was much cheaper than 2 rooms anywhere else in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Everything about this hotel made our stay easy and comfortable. Very friendly, professional check-in. We were offered a check-in snack as well. Our room was immaculate. No dirt, no concerns. Even the upholstered furniture showed no signs of wear. The breakfast was much more than the typical hotel variety. And service with a smile everywhere in the hotel. Very easy to recommend this hotel. We were there for a Purdue weekend, about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed here again visiting our son at Purdue. The suite we had this time seems to have been redone since we stayed here in April 2012. The only thing that didn't seem to be redone was our mattress! Our room definitely needed a new one. We liked everything else about the hotel. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast had a lot of different items to offer. Bathroom was large and had a separate make up area with a make up mirror. Two flat screen tvs - so the boys could be watching football in the living area. If we had a better mattress than we would have given it 5 stars.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all the rooms have been upgraded - I would ask.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I checked in expecting a king bed but ended up in a 2 bedroom suite, with a fireplace and three T.V.s I had the luxury of keeping my luggage open in my spare room! Bed I did sleep in was great. Bathrooms were large and sparkly clean. Everything was absolutely delightful, clean and cozy. Some of the items are a little dated but everything was in excellent working order. I missed the free breakfasts and cocktail hours so won't comment, but the staff were all outstanding. I hadn't been back to visit Purdue since I graduated 25 years ago, but I felt so comfortable and welcomed that I think that i will come back again soon just to stay at this hotel. I will admit that generally speaking I am cranky and particular about hotel rooms....but I totally rate this superior.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Spent one night as planned. Arrived late and was greeted professional and promptly. Was even offered a late night snack...package of Grandmas cookies. Bed was a little on the softside to my liking. The room was somewaht dated, especially the cooktop and sink.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family