“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Lafayette

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
TownePlace Suites Lafayette
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

Our stay was great, staff was very helpful and room was clean and comfortable. Couldn't asked for a better hotel. Staff was very pleasant and greeted us every time we entered with a cheerful hello.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
anchorage, ak
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were traveling from North Carolina to Alaska and decided to stay here for the night. Our major concern was finding a pet friendly hotel that wasn't a dive. We were traveling with three huskies so we knew it would be slim pickings. We choose the Staybridge after seeing mostly positive reviews and it being apart of the Marriot chain. I was told it would be a $75 fee for pets regardless if we had one 5 pound dog or three 50 pound dogs. Not a fan of the price, but it is what it is.
They were very nice at the desk when i called to reserve the room. They gave us a ground floor room. The room was very clean and spacious. However, I was suprised to see it looked quite oudated. Not what I expected for paying almost $200 a night with a government discount.. It was located near many fast food places.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
farmington Hills MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Pros: Clean and spacious rooms, friendly check-in. Soft mattress-this was a pro for me but would not be good for someone who prefers harder mattresses. Small kitchenette for cooking, full refigerator, microwave.
Computer in lobby, complimentary breakfast.
Near shopping and restaurants, right off of highway.
Small pool and fitness room, though did not use.

Cons: Air conditioning unit was loud and unable to turn it down to a lower setting.
Didn't clean our room until 5pm after we returned from being out all day and had to call housekeeping to ask them to clean it.
Found a spot on bed-sheet of unknown origin after we checked in, although they did change it promptly after we called it to their attention.
Room dated-showing its wear. VCR rather than DVD for TV-also couldn't swivel TV if wanted to watch in bed or on the couch.
No lighting on one side of the bed for reading.
No parking was available in front one night, so we had to park in back of hotel and our keycard did not work in that entrance.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

We just finished a stay at this hotel and it was nice, but the a/c units in our room made it difficult to sleep or get comfortable here. We arrived later in the day and the room was ready, but even though the hotel looks new, the room we stayed in shows more age than the property indicates. The air conditioning units have a separate manual control that will only get you close to a temperature. Then when the unit turns on it is very powerful and caused me to cover myself on one side since it blows directly onto the bed (which I agree with other reviews, it is too soft). Then once the room is cool the unit shuts down for a long period until it gets too hot, then the unit turns on and freezes me. So this caused me not to sleep well at all. My children also were complaining of the pull out sofa bed. Now these are usually not comfortable, but this one was especially thin, so that you could really feel the bars under this bed, and it had the same problem with the a/c unit right next to it, blowing on them heavily.

When we arrived we needed more towels and a pillow. After calling the front desk they said that they would bring it up, but when we returned to the room it was not there. When I called again they said that they came up and knocked but since we were not in the room they just left without putting it in the room. I thought that this was a bit surprising.

We went down and had breakfast both days which was good, with very friendly staff there. I would have like better quality towels, as these are very thin. I was also surprised that the vanity mirror in the bathroom had the mirror missing, although the frame was still there.

I had hoped for a better quality room and amenities when I booked this since we had better stays with Residence Inns before, and we like the larger rooms with a kitchenette in it. I am hoping for a better stay in a couple of months when I return. I would try a different Marriott, but they are already full, due to the start of the Purdue fall semester. So I will be staying a lot in this area, as my daughter is just starting her program there, and we plan on visiting there a lot.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

This was my family's 5th stay here, I believe. This time, we arrived with our dog, and the staff put us in a room that was right by the exit, on the first floor, so a great location when traveling with a dog.

The breakfast was nice and what was supposed to be warm was definitely warm, and the selection was plentiful. The staff was pleasant as always, everyone makes me feel like a welcomed guest, not some stranger passing through. The staff at this hotel really is the reason we keep coming back when visiting in the Purdue area.

The grounds are well maintained, and the pool and hot tub were perfect temperatures! There were plenty of towels to be had by the pool, even at 9:00 in the evening. Sadly, the jets still don't seem to be working properly in the hot tub, and the filter in the pool needs to work a bit more efficiently to clean out the debris, but it was not so bad that we didn't go in it!

Housekeeping seemed to be lacking a bit this time. While having a full-size fridge is great, and a working ice maker is wonderful, a previous guest had left a container of what looked like eggs and a muffin in the back of the fridge. Housekeeping should have seen that, not left it for the next guest to find.

Also, the room was very dusty, and the sink needed a better cleaning for my liking. The room could use a bit of replacing on some items, such as the mattress. Oh, there is a definite large dip in the middle of that mattress, which makes it very hard to find a comfortable sleeping position when there are two people in the bed! I did make mention of these issues to the front desk, not for any special treatment, I just wanted to let them know about the lack of housekeeping and perhaps a need of a new mattress.

Now this may have been a room that is often used for people with dogs, but other than some teeth marks on furniture edges, you would not know it. I have been in other hotel rooms that are dog-friendly, and oh do you know there was a dog there before! This room did not smell like a dog, just a regular hotel room smell was present. There were no visible stains on the carpet, another plus for a dog friendly room. Not a bad place to stay if you are traveling with your dog in Lafayette, IN!

Overall, not a bad place to stay for anyone. Sure, you will find better, newer hotels, but you will also find many that are much worse. And really, the staff at the Lafayette Towneplace Suites makes any stay here worthwhile.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sapphireChicago
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the TownePlace Suites in Lafayette. I didn't like the lack of parking though. The pool & hot tub were wonderful! Sherry, the lady that checked us in was very helpful! We called down to the front desk to ask for towels as soon as we arrived and they never showed up until about 9 pm, but Sherry brought them up and apologized! Very wonderful lady! I would definitely stay here again! The only other things we didn't like was the bed was way to soft, and it felt like we were sinking into the middle. Also, the remote didn't really work unless you pushed really really hard on the buttons!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank susieq06_9
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2008

A group of 4 of us stayed here and were quite happy. The property is clean and up to date. The suite layout is spacious. I spend over half of the year in hotels, and I love finding deals like this one. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Liked — Spacious and CLEAN rooms.
  • Disliked — Breakfast was average, but hey ... it's free.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)