“Nice stay”

Days Inn & Suites Lafayette IN
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My self and my husband stayed here for a night. The hotel is in good location. The lobby was filthy with the smell of cigarette, which made us check the room first before the purchase. The desk was kind enough to make us the keys for one of the non smoking rooms, and the room was not bad. so we decided to stay here. The room was just fine. Breakfast was okay.The staff is friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2011

We had booked through Priceline and requested a non-smoking room. There were none available when we checked in, but it wouldn't have mattered. The entire hotel reeks of cigarettes; the halls, the elevators, the lounge. The staff is so nice, you feel badly that there are so many unhappy guests who can't tolerate the awful smell. We stayed at a different hotel the next night while on the road back home, and could not even wear the same pajamas that we had worn the night before at the Days Inn. The acrid cigarette odor had clung to the fabric and it smelled like I had just taken them out of an ashtray, not my suitcase. REALLY bad. We've decided we'll look for all non-smoking hotels in the future. Our eyes and throats are still burning from the overwhelming stench that has pervaded every inch of that place. What a shame. The place was well kept otherwise and the (overworked, unstaffed) staff worked their hearts out, but you can't escape that smell.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TryntjeBrownEyes
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Needed a place to just sleep a coulpe of hours. Used tripadvisor to check surrounding motels prices snd rating. Chose DaysInn & Suites based on 4+ star rating. I have tosay without any hesitance that this hotel is by far superior In room accomindations and friendlyness. I've traveled widely and surely wasn't expecting this level of service along with room decor and cleanliness. I've paid 4x this rate before in top name hotels and to be totally honest was afraid to walk barefooted on the carpet in the rooms. This is a nice quaint clean hotel a bit hard to locate buy worth your choosing. We actually stayed until checkout time to get additionalneeded rest. Thanks TripAdvisor and DaysInn along with all who wrote reviews. The Bentleys.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed at this motel Sep 22. Our room (#219) seemed at first sight good. After the dinner 1/3 of the channels of the TV did not work. In the morning everything worked again well. In the hallway right before our door was an exhaust of the airco that made noise all night. The fast wifi is actually the slowest we had during our whole tour (3,5 weeks). At the breakfast there was no bread. When we asked for some, we were told that there was no bread.
This stay was paid with our points, but still we feel that we have got a bad service.
No, we do not stay again at this motel. Hopefully they do something about the exhaust of the airco in the hallway.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

The room was very good sized. The window seat was a nice touch. Breakfast was standard. The only problem is trying to get to the motel behind the other motels since they share a driveway.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Excellent value - ALL staff is welcoming and always willing to help. You get a LOT with this little place-including business center, exercise room,access to the pool, etc. of their more expesive " sister property" next door. One night they had a free full meal cook-out for all guests! We had four rooms with lots of family and really felt at home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I stayed here twice while in town for dog training workshops. The place is difficult to find without enough signage to keep you from getting stuck in parking lots of adjoining hotels. The rooms are so tiny you can hardly move around. The TV is high up on the wall or on top of a piece of furniture and very inconvenient to watch. The first time, they had almost every part of my reservation wrong (my name, number of nights staying, etc.). The web site is vague about whether they charge for pets or not. When I made my reservation I told them I was bringing a dog and they did not mention any deposit. The first time I came, the desk clerk said there was no fee for the dog and did not charge me anything although the document she gave me to sign referenced a deposit, which she said to ignore. The second time they told me there is a $75 "deposit" for a dog -- that is they put $75 on your credit card, and then you have to have them remove it later if you did not do any damage. The desk staff did not know policies on discounts or the dog deposit. I have to be in Lafayette two more times with my dog and I will be staying somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2010