“Not worth it!”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Peru, Indiana
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel (if you can call it that) as I was passing through lafayette on military duty, and my first impression was good... I was very wrong. The night shift receptionist was GREAT, she deserves an award just for remaining there. I had called around midnight (I was still 2 hrs away) to see if I could book a room just to catch some sleep) and they were more than happy to book one for me, that's where the good experiences ended. First, the room smelled like mildew and had clearly not been visited by housekeeping and was SO small. I went outside later to smoke and was bombarded by a woman screaming about a drug deal gone wrong (and had no problem approaching me to tell me all about it) and then another person showed up to talk to this woman and was more than happy to tell me how he lived in that hotel and was employed by the owners, and offered me marijuana in his room to make my stay more comfortable. Around 4am is when I got to sleep and I had asked for late check out (checkout at 1pm) due to my late check in. I was rudely woken by someone beating down my door at 11am to rudely explain to me that I needed to check out now or be charged another night. When in explained about my late check out arrangements, she assured me I was a liar. So I gathered my things and checked out. They charged me 80 bucks (with a govt discount included in that price and that doesn't include their "hospitality" tax) just to deal with all that! No thanks! I will just stay at a motel 6 next time! At least the price will reflect the room and service I will be getting

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank sallen05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Crystal Lake, IL
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at several budget hotels in the area since my son staryed touring and then attending Purdue. The value at many of the neighboring budget hotels is much better. The room was clean but tiny and not comfortable. They have a small television of the old tube style in a corner above a dresser and there is a wall length mirror above the bed - very tacky. Breakfast was also better at others in the same price range.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The check in was very smooth yet not to friendly.... Especially if they was aware I booked the thru Trip Advisor... The Hotel is Clean yet not perfect... Breakfast is typical of most hotels .... The beds are very in comfortable and we had a 21 inch TV you can find at any rummage sale.... I also can not figure out why we can't get a sitting area out side the hotel.... Very secure area... But located a ways from the Action....

Stayed June 2014
Morgantown
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Erin (night shift) at the front desk was very kind and helpful! Cathi (day shift) was very nice during check out! We drove to surrounding hotels to get the best price and other hotels were ridiculously priced! This was the best hotel for price and friendly helpful staff! Thanks again!

• Stayed June 2014
dars45, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lafayette IN, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words. Our staff works very hard to make our guests feel welcome. I hope you will come by and visit us again when you return to our area.
Best Regards