“Average hotel”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Average hotel”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, beds were tilted funny - foot end higher than the head end. Beds were hard, but that's fine with me. Takes a long time for the air conditioning to catch up. Bathroom was small but functional. Shower needed maintenance - the water control in the tub pulled right off. Not the best but I would stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Peru, Indiana
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel (if you can call it that) as I was passing through lafayette on military duty, and my first impression was good... I was very wrong. The night shift receptionist was GREAT, she deserves an award just for remaining there. I had called around midnight (I was still 2 hrs away) to see if I could book a room just to catch some sleep) and they were more than happy to book one for me, that's where the good experiences ended. First, the room smelled like mildew and had clearly not been visited by housekeeping and was SO small. I went outside later to smoke and was bombarded by a woman screaming about a drug deal gone wrong (and had no problem approaching me to tell me all about it) and then another person showed up to talk to this woman and was more than happy to tell me how he lived in that hotel and was employed by the owners, and offered me marijuana in his room to make my stay more comfortable. Around 4am is when I got to sleep and I had asked for late check out (checkout at 1pm) due to my late check in. I was rudely woken by someone beating down my door at 11am to rudely explain to me that I needed to check out now or be charged another night. When in explained about my late check out arrangements, she assured me I was a liar. So I gathered my things and checked out. They charged me 80 bucks (with a govt discount included in that price and that doesn't include their "hospitality" tax) just to deal with all that! No thanks! I will just stay at a motel 6 next time! At least the price will reflect the room and service I will be getting

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank sallen05

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Crystal Lake, IL
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at several budget hotels in the area since my son staryed touring and then attending Purdue. The value at many of the neighboring budget hotels is much better. The room was clean but tiny and not comfortable. They have a small television of the old tube style in a corner above a dresser and there is a wall length mirror above the bed - very tacky. Breakfast was also better at others in the same price range.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family