Red Roof Inn Lafayette
La Quinta
US$130
Hotels.com
US$100
Comfort Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$134
US$127
US$144
US$138
All reviewsroom was cleanolive gardengreat pricecontinental breakfastwaffle makerwafflesvalue for the moneystay there againnight's sleepflat screenother hotelslots of restaurantsgreat place to staystaff was friendlypurdue universitymotelwalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The office is hidden behind shrubbery! We found it after circling all the way around the building. Rooms are quite nice. Our first floor room had a couple standing outside smoking in the evening, but they didn't stay long. Reasonable price. Good location right off the interstate near lots of restaurants. The continental breakfast was marginal. The breakfast room is small and it was full so we took ours back to our room.

Room Tip: Some of the clientele are marginal so you might want a room not on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce_n_Kathie
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thanks for coming to share your experience with our hotel! It sounds like you had a nice stay for the most part and for that we are glad! Sorry you had trouble finding our lobby though. The landscaping was the result of feedback from your fellow travelers who thought our building looked bad without it. We hoped the rose bushes would improve our curb appeal and accentuate the lobby, but it's not for everyone I suppose. We really appreciate all the feedback we get as we strive to give every guest the best experience possible. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were dropping our son off at Purdue and needed a budget place to stay for 2 nights and this place was perfect for that. A little far from campus, but right across the street from target and only a 15 minute straight car ride away from campus. The rooms were updated and though a little on the small size they were very clean. The evening staff could not be nicer and even called us to make sure we were coming. The breakfast room is also on the small side and only has 3 tables so it got a little crowded 30 minutes before the free breakfast was over. There are plants of fast food and chain restaurants with in walking distance to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for coming to share your experience with out hotel. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to be well suited to your needs. Everyone here truly loves to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for. I'll be sure to share your feedback with everyone on the team. Please come see us again the next time your travels bring you to our city.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I always dread checking in after midnight - whether it's a 5-star hotel or a 2 star motor inn. All too often, you're greeted by some hotel employee who looks disgruntled, tired, bored or all three. When I couldn't drive any farther, I decided to stop in Lafayette, IN without a reservation. The Red Roof didn't look like much on the outside at night, but as I walked up to the check-in area, I was greated with a warm smile and hearty hello by TJ, the overnight front desk guy.
You'd think TJ had the best job on the planet - his attitude was great. He was fast and efficient and then proceded to give me lots of recommendations for where to get a great steak and other entertainment. He couldn't have been better.He ranks right up there with two of my other favorite hotel employees, a guy in New Orleans and a woman in Los Angeles. He even praised his boss and talked about how it was a good place to work. It showed. Once I made it to the room, I was pleasantly suprirsed to find updated furnishings, a really nice bathroom sink, and a comfortable bed. It was quiet and a great place to crash - I also would have found it good for a week's stay on business - and it's walking distance to a SuperWalmart and lots of restaurants and other establishments. They've recently added a light breakfast that includes the same waffle maker they use at lots of other hotels. It was good and clean.
The hotel itself was a nice surprise, but finding an employee who obviously loved his job working the overnight shift showed the ultimate in excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice compliments about our staff and hotel! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found a good value in what we have to offer. I'll be sure to share your feedback with TJ and everyone else on the team. Everyone here truly loves to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for, but TJ is one of our best. Please come back and see us again the next time your travels bring you to our city.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My stay at this hotel was absolutely great- the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, but what really blew me away was the out-of-this-world customer service I received from the housekeeping staff and their General Manager, Bhavesh Patel. I accidentally left my jacket in the room when I checked out and didn't realize until I was already several states away. I called the hotel and mentioned my room number and jacket and Bhavesh immediately got on the phone to assure me my jacket was safe and the envelope that was in the pocket was also safe and that the cash I had in the other pocket was also safe- he helped lighten me up by making a few jokes and taking down my information so he could overnight the jacket to me the minute we got off the phone, which he DID and It was waiting for me right when I got home from my trip.
I HIGHLY recommend staying here because you know you will be met with not only very clean and comfortable rooms, but an honest and helpful staff that will go out of their way to wow you with their humanity.
Here's the clincher- there was $1,000 in cash in my jacket pocket, as well as several hundred more in the envelope- he knew and he KEPT HIS WORD!
Thank you so much Bhavesh! You have reminded me that true kindness exists!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for coming to tell everyone here about your experience at our hotel! I'm sure it was extremely nerve-racking for you to realize you had left such important items behind and I'm so glad we were able to keep it from turning into a crisis for you. It seems rare these days to hear praise for having done the right thing; I think your comments really made Bhavesh's day. Of course, everyone here truly loves to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for, and I'll be sure to share your feedback with everyone on the team. We would be very pleased to see you back the next time your travels bring you to our city.
Warm Regards
~Red Roof Lafayette Team.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was nicely updated and well appointed with stylish furniture and plumbing fixtures, and, most importantly, it was CLEAN, possibly the cleanest hotel or motel room I have ever stayed in. It was also very quiet, surprising given how close it is to so much traffic and activity. There were plenty of accessible electrical outlets, and wifi was free and strong. The entire property was clean and well maintained. The clerk who greeted us when we arrived was helpful, friendly, and fun to talk to. We felt welcomed and valued. Breakfast was minimal; there were make-your-own waffles with golden syrup not maple, only one bagel left, other typical items, lots of carbs and coffee. The bed could have been softer, but I slept.

This hotel is in an area with lots of others. It isn't a luxury hotel. Those are down the road at more than twice the price with a lot more people to contend with. I am very happy with my experience here, and I'm kind of spoiled.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate when our guests go on their way with such nice comments to share with their fellow travelers. Thanks! Our staff works really hard to make sure our guests have a clean and comfortable atmosphere to relax in during their travels, we love to hear we're doing a good job! I'll be sure to share your feedback with everyone on the team. We would be very pleased to see you back the next time your travels bring you to our city.
Warm Regards
~Red Roof Lafayette Team.