“Very Pleasant Surprise”

Red Roof Inn Lafayette
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We chose this property from the interstate coupon book on the way home to Ky.from Michigan's UP. Convenient location with many surrounding restaurants & businesses. Don't be discouraged by the exterior renovations in progress. Friendly, helpful owner/operator, spotless, freshly updated room, above average free breakfast & very reasonable price made for an excellent overnight stay.Would have loved coffee in the room, but good, fresh coffee available 24 hrs. in the lobby, so this was a very minor inconvenience. I would certainly recommend this location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
rri62, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. After all the work we've done to improve our facility, comments like yours are so rewarding for us! We really appreciate when our guests go on their way with such nice things to say. Everyone here truly loves to make our guests feel welcome and well cared for. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers. Please call on us anytime your travels bring you to our city.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lafayette

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great price for a nicely renovated hotel. Our only complaints are a difficult door and the cleaning crew's kids were a bit noisy in the mornings. However, we had to stay longer than expected so if we had only been here a night or two it would've been the perfect pit stop!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Red Roof Inn, Lafayette. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the most part and found a good value in what we offer. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to give every guest the best experience possible. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The worst customer experience I have ever had.

I booked a room at the Red Roof in Lafayette, IN a few days before my college graduation. I explained to the employee that I had extra grad. tickets and I wasn't sure if my grandparents would be able to make it, so I wanted to see how many rooms were left. As there were only 2, I asked the cancellation policy. She told me I had 72 hours after booking to cancel without fees, so I booked a room for 2 nights and told her I would call back the following day if I needed to cancel. I discovered my grandparents couldn't make it, so when I called back the next day to cancel I was told that their special event policy stated that I could not cancel in the 72-hour window before check-in. I explained that the employee assured me I would be able to cancel, but the asst. manager could not do anything and referred me to the manager. She also stated that it may have been a trainee who took my reservation, hence the miscommunication on the policy. The manager once again stated the policy, stating that I couldn't cancel. I explained his employee's error, and stated that as a graduating college student I don't have $ to pay for the employee's mistake. He took no responsibility for his employee, kept repeating their "policy", and stated that if they let everyone cancel the hotel would lose revenue. Eventually, my reservation was cancelled but I was still charged for one night- a whopping $245 total, an inflated price for the value due to the college graduation taking place. Come to find out, the manager is also the owner which makes sense that they put profit over ethical practice and customer service. I was not someone trying to get around the policy, I am an honest person who was misinformed about the policy and simply trying to make things right. If the employee does not know the correct "policy", how am I as a customer responsible for adhering to it? Due to the fact that I was taken advantage of as a customer in lieu of profit at all cost, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Olivia P

My sympathies for the trouble you've had regarding the cancellation policy on your reservation with us. The same information was repeated by our desk staff to everyone making last minute bookings for that weekend and most have been very cooperative. We strive to maintain clear communications with our guests and we're sorry we didn't realize you had misunderstood at the time. I understand how frustrating it is to have to pay for a room you didn't use, but unfortunately because the room was being held for you, no one else was able to purchase it either. That is why we're not able to fully refund the charge. However, since your booking was for two nights, we did give you the courtesy of a refund for the second night. We've offered you the most equitable compromise that we could without jeopardizing ourselves or our service to others. These policies are in place to maintain fairness for both our guests and our business, please try to understand.

Red Roof Lafayette Team

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed here 3 times, as it's at about the half-way point between Baltimore and Duluth. It's a great value if you get one of the coupons from the books they have at the Indiana rest-areas. The rooms have always been clean and are nicely redone. Its the perfect value for a good night's sleep to break-up a long drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

It's our pleasure to be able to provide you with a good stay at a good value to meet your needs. Thank you for your comments here. It really helps your fellow travelers to know what they can expect when they visit us. Please come see us again anytime you're in need of a room in Lafayette.

Warm Regards,
Red Roof Lafayette Team

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at the Red roof Inn recently and overall was pleased with the room. You can tell that they have been working on upgrading the rooms. Having a microwave and fridge was a plus, air worked fine. Beds were very comfortable, maybe having another pillow(3 instead of 2)would make it nicer. Room was clean. Many places to eat in the area. The only downside would be the exterior of building needs work done to that. I visit this area quite a bit and would stay at this hotel again. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Red Roof Inn, Lafayette. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal has always been to provide the best possible value in the few amenities we do have, while working to add to them. From you comments it sounds like we are succeeding and we really appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although still a little worn on the outside, this Red Roof has been give a good interior facelift. The beds are better, the room design more modern, and, at last, a hairdryer and a toilet seat cover.-- amenities woefully lacking in old Red Roof Inns. The appliances make it a full-service room. The only missteps are the motion-sensor lighting system which turns on the over-sink light whenever someone moves nearby and a basin-style sink that could be too high for some guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. After all the work we've done to improve our facility, comments like yours are good to hear. We really appreciate the feedback. We have more improvements in the works so I hope if you make it back to our area you'll have a chance to enjoy those too. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers and for being our valued guest.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've recently started staying in more Red Roof Inns as they've been doing some really nice upgrades to their locations. This location has upgraded a few things in the rooms but needs work to be a functioning hotel room. I was in room 108.

The room temp seems to be on a motion detector like most of the lights. Although it was cool outside and the air was on, the room got so hot during the night we couldn't sleep. I turned the temp down but still no relief. The most important thing I need the hotel room for is a good night's sleep (and a good shower) so this was not a good start to my work day.

There is one side chair in the room besides the desk chair. Unfortunately the room was so dim that I sat in the chair before noticing how stained and gross it was. Just a little cleaning would do wonders.

The room was way too dim to be able to do anything needing light in the room. The main light was on a motion detector which was fine other than if you didn't move enough, the room went dark on you. That was interesting. But the bathroom light and fan were also on a motion detector which was a problem if you get up in the middle of the night and have someone else in the room since it then wakes them up as you walk in. And when you're showering? I kept waving my arm at the sensor so I wasn't left in the dark.

It was a good shower other than the over-softened water so you can't tell if you've gotten all the soap off. A good grab bar in a good place made for getting in and out in the small space much easier.

The outside of my door left me no feeling of safety and security. See the picture.

I really want to stay at this particular Red Roof again. I like the location, the staff is very nice and it fits my needs when I'm there just overnight for work but it really needs some love.

Room Tip: Don't choose room #108
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rri62, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Red Roof Inn, Lafayette. We strive to make sure every guest has the best stay possible. I'm sorry your experience with us was not as you thought it should be. We're in process of replacing our all new door, The cold weather couldn't allow us to re-paint exterior doors . All the material have been delivered to start work.

We are constantly working to improve the quality of our inn and your feedback is an important part of this process. We hope for the opportunity in the future to provide you with the level of service you were expecting.