“Large rooms, beautiful lobby”

Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was surprised to see how large and roomy the room was. The hotel is located downtown and maintains the historical feel on the outside. You walk into a beautiful lobby with a grand chandelier, piano and staircase. Beautifully decorated restaurant. The food is only ok. You can tell it's just a Holiday Inn when you taste the food. Though the room is roomy, it's the typical holiday Inn decore. Nothing major but the room was clean.

Room Tip: Parking is limited so you may have to park across the street if there is a big event.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RiaMe
GMSusan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for posting a response on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all of your feedback and work to improve with this constructive information. I am sorry our restaurant was "only ok". I am passing your review on to our food and beverage department so we can find ways to improve your next stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding and while the location of this hotel was great, my initial opinion slowly declined by the time we reached the front desk. Front desk staff wasn't very friendly and after several minutes of silence without explanation we were told he was having trouble finding us a clean room at 3 pm. After getting to our room we immediately found black mold growing in the wall paper near the vent and a large carpet stain beside the bed. I was shocked that they would have even checked anyone into this room. We immediately called the front desk to request a new room. The desk clerk stated it would take them awhile to find us a room and I should come downstairs. After arriving to the front desk, I was told again that it would take awhile to find a new room and I should go back upstairs. Why did you have me running all over the hotel? Moments later a executive housekeeper and engineer arrived at our door to say we couldn't move. They addressed the issues by "scrubbing" the mold off the wallpaper and cleaning the carpet stain. While I appreciated their attention, wouldn't it have been easier to move my room, then take the time to clean the issues for the next guest who didn't have to see what I did? Instead I was inconvenienced by having people cleaning in my room while I was trying to get ready for a wedding. I was never offered compensation for this inconvenience. Definitely a disappointing experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Becky T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Becky T,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stumbled upon the Holiday Inn chain completely by accident. During a recent trip on Rt 70 W we were continually unable to find accommodations and in desperation began stopping were ever we could potentially find a room, and as luck would have it we stayed at our first Holiday Inn. With our ultimate destination being Purdue Univ. We started to investigate the possibility of staying close to campus in a Holiday Inn which we did with at the City Centre location. Overall I would rate the hotel as very good, with the highlights being its recent renovations to the main lobby, bar Resturant (Tuscany), spacious, clean bath and guest rooms, nice pool and fantastic location. Our only complaint was with our ac unit that wouldn't adjust and also w our request for a cot as our teenage boys needed more space after a (long day of "moving in") I did not ever consider Holiday inn but now because of this experience may consider it more often for short trips!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol C

I am so glad you "stumbled" upon us when you were making your trip to Purdue University. I appreciate you time in posting this review and hope to see you again in the future. Go Boilers!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I needed to visit the Purdue campus and this was a good location for doing that. Nicely appointed entrance and restaurant/bar area. Looks like it would be a good conference hotel, but I can't say I had that experience directly. My room was -- OK. Nothing to write home about, but spacious. I had a view to the south on the 7th floor -- not a good part of town to see. Ask for a north or west view. The morning breakfast buffet didn't trip my trigger, so I ordered off the menu. It was good.

Room Tip: If on a higher floor, as for a north or west-facing view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Decent Holiday Inn in downtown Lafayette. Only stayed one night, but no issues. Room was on the large size, but nothing special about them. I was able to book on priceline for $85 a night. Best part of the hotel was the location right in downtown Lafayette.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here overnight for a Purdue campus visit, and found it to be a great location -- a short drive or a longer walk to campus, right through the heart of West Lafayette shopping & dining. The room was large & spotless, staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant was hot and delicious, we ordered off the menu to get exactly what we wanted rather than graze the breakfast buffet and end up eating too much. Recognized a few other families from breakfast when we got to the campus program, so we weren't the only ones to discover this great find!

Room Tip: Upper floors always seem less noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed here the other night for a wedding and normally would not stay in a hotel in Lafayette since I am local. First of all I just stayed at a Hampton Inn in Charlotte less than a week ago and when comparing the two Hampton wins hands down. Our Hampton room was larger, a tad bit nicer. The Hampton room also had a fridge and microwave along with plenty of parking for $89 a night.
This hotel is just a step down in room quality, does not include breakfast and does not have enough on site parking. A fridge is available for an extra fee with a room base rate of $115 a night. Also beware of thieves in the area, my father in law had a cooler stolen out of the back of his truck while he was unloading.
I'm not saying this is a bad hotel, it could just be a little better to compete with the competition.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear rob h,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette Wabash Landing
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#2 of 23 in Lafayette
Hampton Inn & Suites West Lafayette

Been to Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre? Share your experiences!