All reviews corner room typical holiday inn platinum member football game in town nice hotel would stay again campus interstate
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

After staying in many hotels around Purdue, this is by FAR our favorite! The room was large, modern and CLEAN!! Great location to campus. The room was very quiet. The bed linens were lovely and beds very comfortable!! We will be back and look forward to staying again!!

Date of stay: November 2013
GMSusan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your awesome review on Trip Advisor! Our staff works very hard to make everyone's stay memorable and I appreciate knowing when we are successful. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

As a Purdue Alum my husband and I return to campus usually once/year for either a football game or to visit. This year we ran the Purdue 1/2. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn b/c it was available and less expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn. We booked a standard room, we found it to be spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a nice view facing the front of the hotel. I feel for the price, it was a good deal and we would stay here again.

The only thing I would point out, if you're not a heavy sleeper, I found the street noise to be noticeable.

We also enjoyed the location b/c we took advantage of the some of the nice restaurants in downtown Lafayette.

There is parking around the hotel and they will also validate parking in the parking garage located across the street of their lot is full.

Room tip: If you care about view, get a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your Trip Advisor post. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you next year for the Purdue Half Marathon. Boiler Up!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in many hotels before and this one was BY FAR the worst experience I have EVER had!!! The staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. The manager is far from helpful and clearly does not believe in customer service. I will NEVER stay in this hotel nor will I ever look at a Holiday Inn again because if this experience. Find a different place to stay!!! This place is not worth the headache!!

Date of stay: October 2013
GMUPH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I apologize for not meeting your expectations when you stayed with us and for any response from our staff that you felt to be rude. I want to rectify the problems you experienced for you and for any future guests. Please contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights here to visit a friend in Purdue University. Very good position. It is in the center of Lafayette, although a little far away from Purdue main campus if you plan to walk to there. But there is bus stop outside the hotel, so it is very convenient to take a bus to campus.

Room tip: If you want to walk to Purdue campus, you may choose another one. But if you do not reject taking bus to Purdue, I would recommend this hotel. Very nice service, clean rooms and good breakfast. Also very quiet at night that helps you to fall asleep quickly.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your kind words and hope that you can stay with us again sometime.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed 4 nights over a football weekend at Purdue. Housekeeping never set foot in my room on two of the days. All this while being gouged with NYC room rates ($320 and $290 per nite on Fri. and Sat. plus tax, etc. etc.) First time housekeeping didn't show I had just returned to hotel at about 6. Desk offered to make up room - I said forget it. Desk person said "Well, we have until 6 pm to make up rooms". Next day they showed up. Third day no show again - desk said your wife said don't clean the room - except I was there alone and I said my wife's a thousand miles away. Ridiculous housekeeping management - I'm sure the housekeepers just do what they're told. Breakfast buffet was The Worst I've ever had. A few pcs. of fruit In a runny bowl; dry, cold scrambled eggs; greasy stuck-together bacon. Very little selection. Waitress didn't disclose buffet price when I entered.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Dave932,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. It is of great concern that you were not satisfied with the housekeeping service and breakfast selections that was served as customer service and cleanliness are of an utmost priority for our hotel. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service and products. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N