All reviewstypical holiday innplatinum memberwalking distancein townnice hotelfootball gamewould stay againgreat place to stayking bedbeds were comfortablecampus
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here b/c of the location to Purdue. I have stayed before but have never reviewed until now. I checked in late and was "upgraded" to the Presidental Suite on the top floor by a rather snoby agent. I am a platinum member of the IHG and stay at many properties. Our Presidental Suite was beautiful until our pull out couch was not a pull out couch and the normal items in a suite like this had all been removed. (Been there before and know what quality items are in these suites.) It was the stripped down Presidental Suite. Our student at PU wanted to stay with us a night so I had to order a cot since the couch was not a pull out. I also had to ask for a fridge (really a suite with no fridge!) b/c that had been removed also. Upon check out I was charged for the cot. Will only go back if I can not get into another IHG property locally. Bar is nice and bartender was very friendly. Shower was clean and view was beautiful of downtown Lafayette.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyUsAway
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear FlyUsAway,

Thank you for your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would greatly appreciate additional information in order that we can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Upon check-in, the front desk staff tried to bait and switch us to stay at another property on the other side of town because they had oversold the property. When we said no, the staff was irritated and became hostile. The only positive aspect of the stay was the air conditioner. It went down to 60 degrees in our room. However, the air conditioner made so much noise that if you're a light sleeper, good luck! The room and hotel were dirty and are in need of a major renovation. Have fun with no hot water and a clogged drain so you're standing in 6 inches of water while taking a 10-minute shower. Since the hotel was oversold, there was no parking in the tiny lot - they said we can park on the street, or in a parking garage across from the hotel.

Overall, we were disappointed in the level of service and the lack of upkeep of the property. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Todd R
GMSusan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. It is of great concern that you were not satisfied with our front desk staff or our housekeeping service because customer service and cleanliness are of an utmost priority for our hotel. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service and products.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

After staying in many hotels around Purdue, this is by FAR our favorite! The room was large, modern and CLEAN!! Great location to campus. The room was very quiet. The bed linens were lovely and beds very comfortable!! We will be back and look forward to staying again!!

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your awesome review on Trip Advisor! Our staff works very hard to make everyone's stay memorable and I appreciate knowing when we are successful. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

As a Purdue Alum my husband and I return to campus usually once/year for either a football game or to visit. This year we ran the Purdue 1/2. We decided to stay at the Holiday Inn b/c it was available and less expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn. We booked a standard room, we found it to be spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a nice view facing the front of the hotel. I feel for the price, it was a good deal and we would stay here again.

The only thing I would point out, if you're not a heavy sleeper, I found the street noise to be noticeable.

We also enjoyed the location b/c we took advantage of the some of the nice restaurants in downtown Lafayette.

There is parking around the hotel and they will also validate parking in the parking garage located across the street of their lot is full.

Room Tip: If you care about view, get a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your Trip Advisor post. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you next year for the Purdue Half Marathon. Boiler Up!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in many hotels before and this one was BY FAR the worst experience I have EVER had!!! The staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. The manager is far from helpful and clearly does not believe in customer service. I will NEVER stay in this hotel nor will I ever look at a Holiday Inn again because if this experience. Find a different place to stay!!! This place is not worth the headache!!

• Stayed: October 2013
GMUPH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

I apologize for not meeting your expectations when you stayed with us and for any response from our staff that you felt to be rude. I want to rectify the problems you experienced for you and for any future guests. Please contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager. Thank you!