All reviewstypical holiday innplatinum memberwalking distancein townnice hotelfootball gamewould stay againgreat place to stayking bedbeds were comfortablecampus
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a great place to stay in Indiana for business or with children. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs along with some local restaurants near by. This place is convenient to the mall as well as west Lafayette.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Terrific hotel! From the moment we walked in to the delicate scents of unidentified flowers and seeing the stately stairs leading to the second floor, we knew we were in for a treat! Excellent rooms, comfy beds and clean bathrooms. Muy son and I only stayed overnight, as we toured Purdue University the next day, but I will definitely return! Great location - within blocks of all the downtown attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was nice to stay for long two weeks. Everything is kind of okay...yet something missing. The behaviour of the stuff is very good. The breakfast is one thing that they can improve upon in my view. There can be a wider spread. Also, the restaurant, Toscana offers very limited and short menu. Otherwise, the hotel is okay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Saikat_baks,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here b/c of the location to Purdue. I have stayed before but have never reviewed until now. I checked in late and was "upgraded" to the Presidental Suite on the top floor by a rather snoby agent. I am a platinum member of the IHG and stay at many properties. Our Presidental Suite was beautiful until our pull out couch was not a pull out couch and the normal items in a suite like this had all been removed. (Been there before and know what quality items are in these suites.) It was the stripped down Presidental Suite. Our student at PU wanted to stay with us a night so I had to order a cot since the couch was not a pull out. I also had to ask for a fridge (really a suite with no fridge!) b/c that had been removed also. Upon check out I was charged for the cot. Will only go back if I can not get into another IHG property locally. Bar is nice and bartender was very friendly. Shower was clean and view was beautiful of downtown Lafayette.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FlyUsAway
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear FlyUsAway,

Thank you for your review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would greatly appreciate additional information in order that we can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Upon check-in, the front desk staff tried to bait and switch us to stay at another property on the other side of town because they had oversold the property. When we said no, the staff was irritated and became hostile. The only positive aspect of the stay was the air conditioner. It went down to 60 degrees in our room. However, the air conditioner made so much noise that if you're a light sleeper, good luck! The room and hotel were dirty and are in need of a major renovation. Have fun with no hot water and a clogged drain so you're standing in 6 inches of water while taking a 10-minute shower. Since the hotel was oversold, there was no parking in the tiny lot - they said we can park on the street, or in a parking garage across from the hotel.

Overall, we were disappointed in the level of service and the lack of upkeep of the property. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Todd R
GMSusan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. It is of great concern that you were not satisfied with our front desk staff or our housekeeping service because customer service and cleanliness are of an utmost priority for our hotel. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service and products.