See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

This was the only place that had rooms, so our choices were limited.

I expect more for $70/ night. Rooms were clean, but: no hairdryer, no deadbolt on door, burn mark in sheet.

Rooms were sizeable, but I would not return if I had the choice.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

There are no dead bolt locks or door chain locks that can be locked from the inside only. If the inn staff wanted to open your door they could. On a weekend in which there was no vacancies in every motel and hotel in Lafayette/West Lafayette, there was only one other car in this parking lot. The outside of this inn looks run-down. It feels like a halfway house. The county jail is located just up the road from this inn.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2016

We were for a decent place to stay in Lafayette. The facilities were fine and we had a pleasant stay. We will definitely consider this hotel on our next trip, and would recommend it to anyone else looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I had low expectations, but the Economy Inn was unacceptable. I was visiting Purdue for a Mother's Weekend with my freshman daughter. When I drove up, a woman and guy were sitting on the curb smoking so I walked into the lobby. My first thought was that the motel had changed hands or closed and was in transition. There was not one thing on the stark white walls. The desk was a formica top with nothing on the wall behind - nothing! I asked the desk clerk (woman smoking in front) if they were open & she said "Oh, yes, don't let the fact that there were no cars in the parking lot make me think they weren't open as no one in the motel drives." How do they get anywhere and she cheerfully replied that they take the bus.
I went ahead and checked in. I drove to the back of the motel to the very end room. One other vehicle was at the motel. The room door was splotchy grey and I warily unlocked it and pushed the door open. The inside of the room was not that bad, but very sparse. However, there was no way to lock the door from the inside - no deadbolt or push lock. Plus when you stood back in the dim room, light shone under the room door.
I moved my suitcase into the room and headed to pick up my daughter. As I drove away, my anxiety level kept growing. I quickly drove to the Union Hotel at Purdue and luckily they had one room for the night (previously all accommodations were booked.) I drove back to the Economy Inn about 2 hours later and still only one other car in the lot & the same one at that. My daughter was mortified as well plus around the corner from my room was another row of rooms that were obviously being remodeled? with lumber outside. The back fence had boards missing and the back yards of the houses on the other side were not too pretty.
I stopped at the front office and let the clerk know that I was afraid to stay with her as the door did not have a proper lock and I was on the very end. I requested that she refund my money, but she declined and said that if she had known I was a single woman she would have moved me closer to the front.
I was very worried about returning to this motel and my room there after dark. It was spooky enough in day light - actually reminded me of the "Twilight Zone." I am surprised that Trip Advisor even carries this property!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This place doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is better inside. The owner, Jack, was very friendly and has remodeled the interiors of the rooms in the front building. It is hard to do better than this for the price.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo