“Quick, cheap, delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Blaine, Minnesota
“Quick, cheap, delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Whenever I need donuts, I go to Mary Lou. They are fast (also have a drive-up window, I'm usually in and out in 2-5 minutes). They are cheap (I think about 5 bucks for a dozen). All donut varieties taste great. I always tell them just to throw in a surprise mix because they have no bad donuts. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Plymouth, Indiana
“Yes, They're That Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

After reading all the reviews for Mary Lou's Donuts, my family and I decided to get a a dozen donuts of various kinds last Friday evening (Nov. 2, 2013) while we were visiting Lafayette for the weekend.

The five of us ate nearly the whole box full that evening, and by Saturday morning breakfast, we decided we needed more, so I was selected to make the "donut run".

While driving back to Mary Lou's I discovered that not all the donuts from the night before had been eaten. There was one left, so I was able to eat a donut while driving to get more donuts.

After arriving back at Mary Lou's I had to move the box with the old donut crumbs aside in order to get my cash (that's all they accept - no credit cards) to buy the next box of donuts. Yes, they're that good! . . . Do you think I need a twelve-step program?

Visited November 2013
Lafayette, Indiana
“Best doughnuts ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

These are simply the best. There isn't a doughnut there that I haven't loved. Staff is friendly. Prices are great nothing can compare to this deliciousness. If ur staying in town this is a must try. Simply amazing.

1 Thank ninaboat
Miami, Florida
“You will never eat a better donut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a local treasure and the folks who warn that you need to get there early, especially on a Saturday, aren't kidding. If this weren't the excruciatingly polite Midwest, there would be a donut riot here every week around 9:30 am. The best varieties, in our opinion: French crullers, which has an interior so light and airy, it's almost a custard; the chocolate cake donuts, a deep, dark chocolate so wonderful I wish they'd make an entire cake out of it; and the apple fritters which are so ridiculously good (and huge) that I'm sure the calorie count is breathtaking.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
West Lafayette, Indiana
“The Perfect Apple Fritter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Get up early, and I mean real early, and get down to Mary Lou's right as they're done preparing the apple fritters. These enormous and decadent treats are the best I've ever had, and everybody knows how amazing they are because they don't last long.

WARNING: A nap will likely follow consuming one of these, as it should.

• Visited August 2013