Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every time we visit Purdue. It works for us.

Pros:
- The rooms are big, so we are not bumping into each other.
- The rooms are clean.
- Beds are comfortable
- Shower is good, strong and hot water is consistent.
- Never had a problem with noise.
- There is free hot breakfast. It has eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy. They have pancakes, cereal, yogurt, bananas. There is milk, orange juice, cranberry juice, coffee. Basically, a good variety.
- The staff is friendly and professional.
- Walmart is close by.
- There is a gas station close by.
- Chic-fil-a, which my kids love, is just across the street.
- BEST yet, housekeeping does their job well. My pet peeve is not having enough towels. We have 2 double beds, with a maximum capacity of 4. Guess what? Every day, we get 4 new towel. Every day, the shampoo, conditioner, lotion is replaced with new ones. There is a new plastic liner in the ice bucket. You get the picture.
- There is free coffee even late at night.
- They leave out the plates and utensils as well, so when we had to order pizza the first night, we just got 4 plates from there and was all set then.

Cons: Nothing really bad, just little things

- Upon check in, the room always smells a bit funny that one time, but once you turn on/up the air, that fixes it and you won't encounter that smell the rest of the stay.
- We have never had a bathroom door that locks
- The last time we were there, the first room we got had no latch. We went back to the front desk and had to wait for 3 guest to be checked in, but we were given a new room. The guy at the front was really fast and nice though. I was not in a good mood, coming from an 8 hour drive. I am glad he remained calm.
- This last time we stayed, the commode is loose, so when you sit on it, it rocks.
- Cookies at the lobby always runs out :-(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pmmom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear pmmom,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family of three (2 adults and 1 teen) stayed here when returning my daughter to school. Our accommodations were spacious and clean. We had a restful night's sleep and all staff interaction was quite pleasant and friendly. This will definitely be a hotel we will consider when returning to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Had a King room for one night while staying for business. Room was extremely clean and hotel was quiet. The front desk staff was welcoming and very nice. Loved the complimentary breakfast, delicious cinnamon rolls. Complimentary wifi was fast and allowed me to get my work done. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights recently while in town for a family reunion after having a great experience a year earlier. This hotel is newer and is very clean, smells great from the moment you enter and all the way to the room. It is attractively decorated, comfortable, and homey. The beds and linens are very comfortable. The daily hot breakfast (not continental!) is a plus! The dining area made for a great place to visit and have coffee with local family in the afternoon. All the staff we encountered were very personable and appropriately attentive. Front desk staff took notice of the long day we had and welcomed us back in the evening. Can't think of anything I'd change to have a better experience. I gave the fitness center 4 stars only because it's small with just 2 treadmills and a bike, but it was cozy, had a nice view of the grassy area in the back, a TV, and a/c you could control - so it worked for my needs.

Room Tip: The 2 bed suite we had was HUGE - had a sofa bed, sitting area, and small kitchen area which came in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was clean and nice, meeting all expectations. Above and beyond that, I left my wallet in my room and it was turned into the front desk. The front desk called my (at that point, I was only one hour from home) and informed me of my error - I turned around and went right back. All my credit cards and cash were still in the wallet!!! KUDOs to the cleaning staff and front desk; you are all wonderful people!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My family of four arrived around 10:00 at night after being on the road for awhile. Nicole was nice greeting us and they had some cookies and water with cucumbers in the lobby. We opted for a King Suite, which I wouldn't classify as a suite. It basically was a room with a pull out sofa and no separation but was fine. The first room was a bit stuffy, likely from it being July and the A/C wasn't turned on. The second room was a little better and sleep was restful.

We had the breakfast, which was okay. The continental food was fine. The omelette looking thing was not the but when I asked the ingredients, the woman working there said she didn't know they got them delivered frozen every day, which I found interesting.

It is convenient to freeway, convenience stores, and the indoor pool looked nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

the room was huge and very clean. this may be because we had a corner room.. nice bar in the lobby .. location was near a few bars and restaurants.. but not very close to the college.. very good value

Room Tip: get a corner room
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends