“Reliable standard”
Review of Bistro 501

Bistro 501
Ranked #7 of 229 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistro 501 is the premier dining experience in downtown Lafayette. From foodie to formal, we have a beautifully crafted menu and expertly curated cocktails and wine. Our menu features a range of dishes from more adventurous escargot and roasted marrow bones to the classic filet, fresh seafood and roasted chicken. Lunch is a must try with a full selection of handcrafted sandwiches, salads and entrées. Check our social media for nightly and weekly features, see you soon!
Lakewood, Colorado
“Reliable standard”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great place, menu varies by season, always very good. We have a few dinner favorites that are always on menu. Service and ambiance excellent.

Visited November 2013

Powell, Ohio
“Good, overall”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Overall the experience was good. The food was great. I had the duck. It was an ample portion and cooked to perfection. The service was poor. The waiter took our order and collected the check. He did not visit our table throughout dinner. Therefore, I felt compelled to rate the experience as average.

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Bistro 501 is sliding down hill”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have lived in West Lafayette for 3 years now and have eaten at Bistro 501 many times for lunch and dinner and mainly for business (colleagues, seminar speakers, guests etc). I would estimate at least 2 dinners per month. Over the past two months (September - October), I have eaten at Bistro at least 5 times and each experience has gotten worse in terms of service, food and wine availability, and quality of food. I am not sure what is happening but it has led us to take our guests to other local places. My last two experiences were on Wednesday night when they 1/2-price bottles of French wines. Both nights, dinner at either 6 pm or 6:30 pm, they were out of a number of bottles and even appetizer and dinner items. The waiter and waitress were slow and hardly anyone was in Bistro at the time and the last time my check was completely messed up with charges that were put on, taken off etc. I have talked to some of my colleagues and they have experienced the same problems. I am not sure what is happening with Bistro but I hope they get it fixed. I am writing this as I wanted to go again this evening with an out of town seminar speaker but I am going, once again, somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mesecar
Lafayette, Indiana
“Let's get a cocktail”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Bistro and really enjoyed it, but tonight we were just wanting to go somewhere different for a cocktail and to quietly visit without a lot of background noise. We ended up ordering the pate' plate and tempura shrimp for a snack and I must say, having traveled alot, that was the best pate' we've eaten.....period! Lots of local market produce and french flare! Great evening!

Visited June 2013
Griffith, Indiana
“Unnecessarily Pricey”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I went to Bistro 501 with a friend from work while traveling to the Lafayette area. The food was good but for the price I did not feel it was that good. I've had a better steak at LongHorn or even Texas Roadhouse but paid twice as much. The atmosphere was not however.

• Visited April 2013