“Great Catering”

MCL Cafeteria
Ranked #80 of 238 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We recently had our daughter's wedding catered by MCL. We were extremely satisfied with all the help we received from the manager, Dan Liel. From the food tasting the month before, to the reception, everything was very professional and beautiful! MCL also provided the cupcakes for the reception. They were excellent! I would highly recommend MCL for any catered event you may have!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The place for a crowd, or just one family. We held a funeral dinner here, and the staff went all out for us. You won't find a food you won't like. It is worth standing in line, because the line moves fast. Each food is individually priced but so tempting, so bring and extra $20 and go hog wild.

2  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

We belong to a club that meets over dinner twice a month and almost always at MCL. This timeout was as dependable as always. Comfort food well cooked and the best pies in town. It is a cafeteria but has a friendly staff. If you are on a budget do not miss this place!

1  Thank ADolores
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The address of this restaurant is actually 521 Sagamore Parkway West, West Lafayette, IN 47906.

I love MCL and it is the place to go for a home cooked meal. Everything is cooked from scratch including the bakery and breads. They have a delightful array of salads and I can't ever get past the salad section without choosing at least one. My favorite is the fresh cranberry salad. Can you say healthy?

The quality of the meats and veggies varies somewhat from very good to so-so. You sometimes have a choice of overcooked green beans or fresh bright green ones. Guess which ones I choose? The mac and cheese is usually awesome and I make sure I get some of the brown crusty part on top.

As far as value goes, you can spend a little or a lot there. The two of us usually get out of MCL on less than $18 total, so it's not bad and you don't have to tip. The coffee is good, the breads are excellent and the staff is upbeat and friendly. What more could you ask for?

1  Thank Paula J
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

On our way back from Chicago, we stopped here. I love cafeteria type food, this place is clean, service is good and the food is great! I had the roast beef, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, creamed vegetables and a piece of lemon mirange and coconut cream pie. Oh, and a drink with free refill. Price about $36...which also included what my hubby ate...a lot of food:)