and 1 more site!
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, United States
“Fun winter day”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great get away to get the kids that are 4 years old out of the house during this cold and snowey winter, the buccaneer bay water park is awesome for kids that small. The rooms cleaniness and guest service was great at check in. Easy to get to from the interstate. There are several restaurantes close by.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Barbara G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Troy,
Thank you for your review. Have you signed your little ones up for the Pirate's Club? If not, send me an email at Alissa.BestWestern@gmail.com and we will get you special offers. Thank you for coming to Buccaneer Bay and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is not a 3 star hotel by any means... My husband and 2 children traveled and stayed Friday Feb 21st for the night.. We ended up on the 4th floor which we accessed via a smelly,small, loud elevator.. We got to our room and noticed there was light switches that were activated when you walked by them... Did not like this feature as sometimes we didn't want lights to come on and they did anyways.. Which brings me to my nights sleep... At 12:45 we heard a baby running through the halls with the mom talking loudly..They would hit the ice machine button, which was located right outside of our room and then run back to their room.. This went on for a few minutes before I called lobby and asked them to do something about it.. The man I spoke with said he'd take care of it.. Well, 20 mins later and they are doing the same thing.. Call again and no answer, call 5 mins later and was told once again he will take care of it.. All of this noise has now woke up my 2 children, ages 9 and 3...The baby and his mom were still walking/running hallway at 3 this morning.. Then the bathroom light kept coming on and we had to get up to shut it off 3 times during the night.. My husband and I didn't sleep but maybe 3 hours total.. When we did wake up this morning we went to take a shower and had NO hot water.... Wasn't a nice stay at all and will never stay again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hello and thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. The motion light detectors are something new to us. In hearing your feedback, we will be trying to perfect the lights to work as they should. In becoming a green property, the lights were needed, however, more work needs to be done.

I am sorry to hear about the noise outside your room. We did speak to the guests making the noise and were told they would keep it down (which they did not until we approached them for the 3rd time). We are sorry you had to be disturbed because of someone not following the rules.

Can you please tell me what room number you were in? We are trying to figure out what caused the lack of hot water.

When you return to the area, please call me or email me at Alissa.BestWestern@gmail.com 765-447-0575 ext. 167 and I will make sure you have a perfect stay.

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here one night and the bed was nice but since the building is very close to the highway, we could not sleep for the intense traffic noise all night. It sounded like the window was open but it was not. Finally we turned on the air conditioner even though it was about 15 degrees outside (January). Our room was freezing, but we drowned out the highway noise and had the AC noise instead. I told the desk the next morning and they said oh well. Never, never stay here with a room facing the highway. Horrible experience with little sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Barbara G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your review and we are very sorry you experienced a less than perfect stay. Although our location is great for access, the noise can be a hindrance to some. Please let me know when you are back in the area and I will make sure you have a great room, away from the road.
Trafalgar, Indiana
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The pictures on their site must be of another hotel. My room looked nothing like them, and I was given the "executive" suite. Cracked sink, stained carpet with puckers in it, lime and calcium build up on everything in the bathroom, and the elevator smelled like old carpet and smoke. In the morning I took a cold shower because there was NO HOT WATER. When I reported it, I got an attitude of "and what's your point?". The only reason it gets a one on the scale is because the bed was comfortable. I am concerned that the bed and bedding were soiled and I didn't see it in the dim lighting...

Room Tip: Don't use Priceline or Best Western
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Barbara G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Mary,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you did not experience a nice stay. We are starting renovations of all our bathrooms in July of this year, something we are very excited about. If you ever travel to the area again, I would love another chance to impress you. Please contact me at alissa.bestwestern@gmail.com or 765-447-0575 ext. 167.
Williamsport, Indiana
Reviewed 31 January 2014

First let me say if you are looking for a brand new hotel this is not for you. If you are looking for a clean nice hotel with an OUTSTANDING staff then keep reading.

We stayed over the new years holiday. 2 rooms, grandkids everywhere, full of people and tooo much fun. They have a pool just for kids and ours swam and played until they were too tired to whine! lol. They all had a great time, made alot of friends, and were SAFE!

The manager stayed at the hotel with us the entire weekend to make sure that everything was taken care of and did an amazing job.

Lori Knipp went above and beyond for us making sure everything we needed was just right and ready for us to check in without a single problem.

The rest of the staff (the manager had a slew of helpers) was polite, helpful and fast at getting people what they needed from extra beds, pillows, to pizza.

From start to finish I did not see anyone that was not having a great time.

The lobby is beautiful, the pools (yup us adult types have a pool too) were well maintained, business areas are exceptional and kept quiet for the folks that have to work in such a fun place. A restaurant - bar is attached but out of the way and had lots of traffic from outside the hotel as well as from inside. The food was very good, and not overly priced for what you get.

The hotel is located by I65 one of Indiana's main highways leading to Chicago and Indy . Too many restaurants to name are located nearby as well as a wal mart and a movie theater.

The staff takes this hotel from good to great. We were asked at least a dozen times if we were having a good time and if we needed anything. They worked hard to make sure everyone had a good time.

Our room was on an upper floor because we wanted two rooms together. Both rooms had two queen beds that were very nice. One bed for us, and one bed for the grand sons who slept in late the next day! :) The room was mostly clean, but nothing special now days. A nice tv with plenty of channels, a small fridge and a coffee maker.

The only issue we had, was that the bathroom had not been used for awhile and there was some form of huzz on the shower door when we opened it. The small problem was quickly fixed by the grandsons who stripped down and tried to see how much water the glass shower doors could hold. Thankfully Grandma stepped in to save the day!

Even with all the people, the parties, and the kids, we had a wonderful nights sleep.

If you need a great hotel for business this is the place. The business guys have many quiet places to do work, they can bring the family and know they are safe and taken care of as they work.

If you are looking for a nice place to let the kids or grand kids blow off some steam this hotel does it right.

If you are looking for a nice place to spend the night for a great price this hotel does it right. Everything you need close by, so you cant get lost. You can mingle, dine, or if you like stay in your room and watch espn. Its all there for you.

Lastly let me say this one more time. The management does more than any other I have seen to make sure everyone is safe. No strange people walking the halls, no lone kids lost in the parking lot, this hotel makes you feel safe.

I hope everyone takes the time to let the kids have a play day at the water park.

Safe travels!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are ALOT larger than our standard room was. There are rooms on the first floor nea...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Barbara G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Jim,
Thank you so much for your review. We enjoyed having your family here and look forward to seeing you all again!
Lafayette
Reviewed 25 January 2014

best Gosh darn hotel I've ever stayed at. yeppers. That girl at the front desk last night was very hospitable. beds were like sleeping on the softest haystack ever. Great room service when needed. and the bathroomns were immaculate. Hope I spelld that rite

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Barbara G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you back soon. Please contact me at 765-447-0575 ext. 167 or via email at Alissa.BestWestern@gmail.com if I can ever be of assistance to you.
Statesville, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Plus: Very good staff. Recommend the restaurant. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Slept like a rock. Diane, in the lounge, and Delores, in the restaurant personable and very attentive and professional. Minus: Wireless router problems encountered which took 3 days to correct. A minor problem, but important to me and my business needs.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Barbara G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Executive Plaza & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hello Barry,
Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for our wireless internet router, we appreciate your patience while we addressed and corrected the problem. Please let us know when you return to the area and we would love to have you back. If you ever need anything, please contact me at 765-447-0575 ext. 167 or via email at Alissa.Bestwestern@gmail.com.