“Should be called "Mediocre Inn and Suites"”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed two nights at motel, Friday and Saturday. Overall experience was less than satisfying. Motel is located just off Interstate 65 on Highway 24. Easy to get to! Shopping and restaurants near by (IHOP 100 yards away). However, motel itself is disappointing. Overall appearance inside and out is run down. Obviously an old building that needs a lot of renovation. My experience included following: A/C fan was noisy; no shower (broken) Saturday morning (I complained, it worked Sunday morning); the carpet had obviously not been vacuumed recently as there were bits of candy (?) all over the place; breakfast was good, including pastries, cook-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, etc., etc.; eating area was quite small and tended to be overflowing in the morning; free wi-fi but very slow. Considering the number of other, nicer motels at this same intersection, you could do much better.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter P
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Staff were nice and helpful but the place is very outdated and really, really, dirty with dust and stains on everything. I would not stay here again or ever recommend it to someone. We were in town for the Purdue/Notre Dame football game so we had to pay the inflated price for game day as it was the only room available in town. We got there at 1:45 am or I would have gotten my money back and driven to another town before I would stay there again! The place seemed pretty full, so I guess we were not the only ones stuck staying here. I was on my way to my room and talked to a guy in the hall who was going down to the desk to complain because his room had not been serviced at 1:45am when he arrived! There was also a bug on the wall by our bed I killed before I went to sleep (not easy to do) The ceiling over the bed looked like it had been patched and was ready to fall off. Microwave and safe looked they came from a yard sale! I am embarrassed for the town of Lafayette, IN...

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank likeam
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a room on the top floor and I loved the view from the window. I felt like I could see forever out the window. The place was clean and the bed was good. There were no issues with my stay and the people were nice to deal with.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Although the staff was wonderful, the room was in much need of renovation. Stains in the bathtub, blood stains on the sheets, holes in the blankets. The power went out at 615am and the emergency lighting system was not working. My husband climbed down 3 flights of stairs in the dark to get the flashlight out of our car. Staff was apologetic. We did not eat breakfast there.

Room Tip: 2 room suite was great for our family. Two double beds, a pull out couch in another room and two ba...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We spent one night here. The woman who checked us in was very nice. We had five people and the price was OK so we booked a "suite". A "suite" was a room that was made up of two previously adjoining rooms that had the doors between them removed. It seemed a little strange at first, but it had plenty of space and I really liked the bonus of having two separate bathrooms. The lobby and hallways were warm and humid, but our room temperature was nice.

The breakfast was the typical hotel stuff plus a few hot items. The exercise room was small but adequate. It had a three machines (bowflex, treadmill, and elliptical?). The computer in the lobby appeared to have some sort of filtering software installed that made it frustrating and difficult to use.

This hotel is dated and needs some work, but I would stay here again if the price is reasonable.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hikertrash1
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were nervous because of the past reviews but we were VERY IMPRESSED. It was very clean, the pool was fantastice and the staff could not have been nicer. The breakfsat was very complete and the service at breakfast was like a restaurant! This place rocks!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights for a recent soccer tournament. Even though we received a fair price, we obviously got what we paid for. It is obviously an older hotel that is used for longer term renting. We had a suite which was two rooms joined together by a pass through door with two baths. Not filthy but not exactly clean looking. I checked but NO bed bugs which I was happy about. There were holes in the blankets and some dirt marks on sheets, however. I think they are trying but have a lot of work to do. The staff was nice to work with before the tournament as to setting up team rooms but not as friendly when we were there. Seemed over worked or stressed out, maybe? The pool was chilly but large and nice for kids. Small volleyball area and picnic area with grills which was very nice. Conveniently located near shopping (Walmart) and restaurants to walk to if desired. I will look elsewhere if the need arises for a stay in Lafayette area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends