“Thank god for pet friendly hotels”

Comfort Inn Lafayette
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Lafayette
Orland, Maine
“Thank god for pet friendly hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I have a little Chihuahua and I hate leaving him alone at home when I travel. It is just hard to find hotels now that will accommodate my puppy. Its nice to find a hotel that will take him and not charge me an arm and a leg to stay with his mommy. I hope more hotels were this courteous.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 228LauraC228

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I just stayed their for one night and it was great. The mattresses were very comfy. The best thing about the stay for the staff as it was very helpful and nice. Definitely will come back and stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason L
CULLMAN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed here on our way to Chicago. Just a spur of the moment trip. The staff was great. The heated indoor pool was a fun break from the snow.... Fast food and gas station close by. We liked it so much we stayed again on the way back home. Pet friendly and a nice clean room. Will stay again..............................................................

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MARK B
Tannersville, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

This was the second time we stayed there. the first time there were pubic hairs on the bed sheets when we checked in and a broken bathroom mirror. We checked out. This time my daughter made the reservation and picked this hotel by accident. There was a dirty towel in the room when we checked in. they didn't clean the room the first day. the internet barely worked. i give up on this hotel

Room Tip: check the bed sheets before you unpack
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vincent S
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

I used to stay at comfort suites but after terrible service I went across the street. The staff is amazing and the owners are so sweet. They have a ton of thank you cards from guests behind the desk and I can see why. If I have to complain about something I guess I would have to say it needs a few cosmetic touches. But very few. My room is comfortable and I sleep like a baby. The bed is so comfy and so are the pillows....and I'm very picky.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Laura99IN
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We appreciated that you are a pet friendly hotel but have a suggestion. We went out to dinner one night and apparently our dog was barking and another guest complained. She made suggestions of damage to the room which she would obviously have no way of knowing about. The desk clerk and manager left a voice mail at our home threatening to call animal control if we didn't call back in 5 minutes.

Suggestion 1. Don't leave such voicemail messages at the home which in our case was 600 miles away. Guess what, we were there not there.

suggestion 2. Get a cell phone number to call in the event you need to reach a guest.

We loved our stay there. Unfortunately one crabby woman who obviously loves to complain about things she has no knowledge of left a bit of a sour taste in our mouths. These situations can be managed better with planning. Not threats on a phone we obviously have no way to get to because, guess what, we weren't home. We were there.

P.S. you also could have left a message for us on our room phone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

To start i usually stay across the street and wanted an indoor pool so chose here. Great staff from the very beginning. Housekeepers knew guests names and were talking about reccomendations. I spoke to the owner for a good half hour and he has great knowledge. The room was nice. Im glad it had a fridge and microwave. They offered to upgrade but i declined. I had a 2pm check oit cause me and the family were sick and they didnt bat an eye. Breakfast was descent. Priced well and good location. This will now be my hotel choice in town and btw they are putting in new bedding. Now if i could have just been tucked in with a kiss on the cheek it would have been perfect

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business