My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay here. I was reluctant to stay, since the hotel is located DIRECTLY off the highway, AND this same location had been closed for many years. I was concerned about the service and facilities that would be available. We were both pleasantly surprised.
1. Check in was fine. My room was pre-paid, so all I had to do was show a credit card.
2. Room was fine. Not a resort, and the room is just average, but ti does have everything you need. Water is VERY hot, and there is a microwave, coffe pot, iron, hair dryer, and fridge in the rooms. Our king sized bed was new, and the AC worked VERY well (although it was extremely loud).
3. Everything inside the hotel is brand new, as the hotel is just opening and under renovations. Surprisingly, there is no construction noise.
4. We were pleasantly surprised to see the breakfast. We were expecting coffee and maybe crummy donuts, and that we'd have to eat at either Bob Evans or Denny's (on premises). But surprisingly, this tiny hotel had sausage, eggs, juice, yogurt, cereals, breads/pastries/muffins, fresh fruit, etc. More than enough food. And free newspaper to boot.
5. Convenient highway access. More than enough parking, and plenty of handicap areas.
Definitely worth the price. Hotel was clean (although we had to call the front desk to tell them what time to clean our room, as we could never seem to locate the DO NOT DISTURB sign.) The ONLY complaints would be the noise from the highway (try to request a front-facing room), and the wake up call service did not work. Other than that, this is a perfectly acceptable less-pricey alternative to the hotels (Best Western, Hampton Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, all over $100/night) across the street.
In the summer, the Clarion is also supposed to be opening their outdoor pool. In the meantime, there is a very small fitness room off the lobby, sans pool. Again small, but adequate.
As an aside, the OUTSIDE of the hotel could defintely use some help. It LOOKS dialpidated (and stuck in the 70s). There are weeds and overgrown grass EVERYWHERE. People would probably not even consider staying here, just by looking at the outside of the hotel. And it is located BEHIND a DENNY's and Bob Evans area, so the hotel is in a weird location to begin with. But don't let looks fool you. The hotel is fine. Not elaborate, but certiany everything you need, There's even free WIFI in the rooms.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn And Suites
- Clarion Hotel Lafayette
- Signature Inn Lafayette
- Lafayette Signature Inn