“Property improved, still not quite to par”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 2 May 2014

While the hotel is getting a well-needed remodel, there are a few things still lacking on this property. I must first say that the customer service here was great. Very friendly, each employee made a point in making contact and seemed genuinely interested in making my stay a good one. The remodel is nice, getting the new branding. During my visit they just had opened the breakfast area. I also had a remodeled room, which was mostly well done. My biggest frustration came from the inadequate windows, and the very pronounced road noise coming from the nearby highway. Noise from hallway also very prominent in room. I've stayed at many Marriott properties near highways/freeways, and this was the noisiest I've been in. This is the main reason for my rating of average vs very good. I will most likely choose another hotel on future trips - as there are better options available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tptn8
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Tptn8,
Thank you for leaving a review for the Fairfield Inn Lafayette. I'm so happy to hear you found our employees to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the updates to our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any road noise that disturbed you. On future stays we would be more than happy to place you in a room away from the highway to better suit your needs. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you the next time you are in the area.

Caitlin H.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had an enjoyable stay. Service was good especially enjoyed the friendly and helpful breakfast aid who cheerily helped us each morning. I liked the new room remodel. It was clean, very comfortable. Only item lacking that most hotels supply was face or hand soap for the sink and emptying of the garbage daily. I was there for two nights.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

They hotel is under renovation but that's a good thing. There was no noise did not bother my stay at all. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this one by far has the most amazing staff they will go out of there way to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014

First, this hotel is undergoing reservations. But the work did not impact my family at all: no noise, no smells! (The work was on the third floor, we were on the first.) Aside from an older-looking sink in the bathroom, we couldn't decide what needed renovating! The room was clean and pleasant.

Due to the renovations, our room was on the first floor, across from the breakfast room. Initially, we thought this would be horrible. But the hotel was so quiet that the location ended up being convenient.

Breakfast was a hit with my whole family. Not only did they have waffle makers, they had 2 flavors of waffle batter every morning. Strawberry was our favorite! Lots of fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, baked goods,etc. The breakfast staff was welcoming, friendly and attentive. Especially Heather.

My only complaints are that the wifi was slow and there wasn't a refrigerator in the room.

Bottom line, we have family in Lafayette, so I'm sure we'll be in the area again. And when we are, we'll stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was in town to visit Purdue University. Location was perfect - off the beaten path yet right on a critical road leading to Purdue - about 15 minutes away by car.

Breakfast was standard fair for Fairfield Inn - nothing extraordinary but enough to get you started;scrambled eggs from carton, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffle maker (rubbery waffles with no taste), cereals etc.

If you are looking for a hotel with a pool, this has one but it's very small so don't have high hopes but there is an indoor pool. The pool towels were plentiful but the size of a hand towel - no place near the size of a bath towel, let alone a beach towel.

Room was adequate enough and clean. Staff was friendly. Room was for four people - there were only three bath towels in the bathroom. I called and requested more and they delivered them without a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I dragged my butt into the lobby after a long ride from Austin. The manager and the desk staff were not only very nice, they also gave me an upgrade. I really appreciated that. I noticed among the other guests lots of parents taking their kids back to college.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The rooms are well-appointed and very clean [I inspect!] and nicely decorated. The staff were exceptionally pleasant. I asked for a luggage rack [not provided with the rooms, but available on request] and was quickly and cheerfully accommodated. Location is convenient to restaurants and i65 yet far enough away from the freeway so traffic noise isn't a problem. Note that you don't have access from the highway that you would think would be the front of the hotel; you take a side road around to the rear of the building. [This is explained on the hotel website]. Breakfast was standard, but the small breakfast room was crowded at 8 AM and thus ran out of scrambled eggs. I noticed some guests ended up taking their breakfasts back to their rooms because there weren't enough tables; don't know if that's a common occurrence or not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple