“A great dining experience!”
Review of Trattoria Enzo

Trattoria Enzo
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in LaPorte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A great dining experience!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

From the appetizer thru the dessert -- everything was memorable. Shortly after being seated we were served a basket of piping hot bread with a side of olive oil with fresh parm cheese. We started with a full carafe of wine ($32) and the stuffed eggplant appetizer with a light tomato basil sauce. Very good! The eggplant was perfectly prepared - my only feedback here would be that they should have peeled the eggplant. The skin was very tough, the eggplant itself was very good. We moved on to a mixed green salad and the special Italian salad. The Italian salad was a meal in itself -- priced just below $7 and well worth it! The mixed green salad was fine, simple...lightly dressed. The Italian salad was very yummy! Fresh romaine, olives, salamis, mozzarella, diced cucumbers and high quality blue cheese crumbles. Simple put -- you need to get it! My significant other got the linguine and shrimp while I ordered the risotto special. Both were very yummy..The risotto had grilled chicken, fresh asparagus, mushrooms and a nice light cheese sauce. Probably the best I ever had....After all of this, we were pretty stuffed but considering the outstanding quality of the food we could not pass up dessert....We ordered tiramisu. It was a little different than the traditional style that we are familiar with, but it was good. It seemed to be lean on the tiramisu and high on a fluffy white topping. It was not whipped cream, more like a white chocolate mousse. Good, but I've had better. The prices were moderate, considering the high quality of the food. The atmosphere was happy, busy, active. All positives.....The attire of the wait staff was very informal -- jeans and restaurant themed t-shirts. I was OK with it, but someone used to a fine dining experience may have been taken back. We both dressed up (dress slacks, etc) but we could have gotten away with jeans. I did make a reservation. I called earlier in the day asking if I could move the reservation up a 1/2 hour and was told no - that they had "quite a bit of reservations and could not accommodate". We opted to show up early and try our luck, if we could not be seated we would sit at the bar. Well....when we got there we were seated right away and they could have absolutely accommodated an earlier reservation. The place was busy, but there were empty tables several times while we were there. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited April 2014

• Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Reliable go-to restaurant.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We have a second home in the area and go every couple of months for reliably good food and service. Good value. Casual Italian. Less "touristy" than many of restaurants closer to Lake Michigan.

• Visited March 2014
Illinois
“Not the best experience ..:(”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a restaurant that I have frequented for over 20 years...including their sister establishment in New Buffalo, the Stray Dog. I have never felt the need to write a review...but my last experience left me with no choice. Although I love the food, the atmosphere..etc...I was very disappointed in my server as well as what I was charged for a small modification of a meal. (we received the wrong martinis.. and our server was very scattered..had to flag her down several times for things).They offer a chopped salad on their menu for about nine dollars, with chicken as an option for a couple of dollars more. I asked to substitute a piece of salmon, which the waitress checked, and said that it could be done. Now..Salmon is offered as an entrée for 18.00 which includes a vegetable and a potato or pasta side dish. Which my friend who was with me, ordered. When I received my bill, I was charged twenty two dollars for my small salad with the piece of salmon on top. I was very surprised, the price just didn't seem compatible with what I got, and what they offer on their menu. When I questioned management, I received a very aloof answer of this is more because you added salmon, which we don't normally offer, this is what we charge, etc..etc...The attitude was not very kind, or warm, or wanting to make the customer feel like they are understood. I own my own business as well, and always do EVERYTHING in my power to make the customer feel like their complaint is understood, even if we think it has no merit. I am sure many of you have altered dishes at restaurants, to fit your needs..this is not uncommon. I felt like I was penalized for doing so...and it was not made clear to me that there would be such a large surcharge..(another 14 dollars over the cost of the salad). Then I would have definitely ordered what my friend had, and ended up with more food as well....am sad because it is not the owners, it is the people that work there...some kindness and good customer service needs to go into their attitude of taking care of patrons...Their attitude bothered me more, than being overcharged. :(....(One more thing...for years we have felt shorted with their cocktails...they are VERY small, and expensive...).

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank sugarbasil
La Porte, In
“Bettydl”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Italian food is fresh and the salads are excellent and the atmosphere in front of the
fireplace is cozy. The service is great and I always see friends whenever I go...it is a
friendly meeting place....with great food!!

• Visited January 2014