“I was surprised how good Pier 11 was!”
Review of T Bones Pier 11

T Bones Pier 11
Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in LaPorte
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“I was surprised how good Pier 11 was!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My friend and I braved a snow storm to try Pier 11 and I am glad that we did. The Mozzarella sticks were superb! My spaghetti was excellent, the steak was perfectly cooked! The prices are by no means a bargain, but reasonable for the quality and portion size of the meal. One thing to change would be the entry doors to the bar area, they are very tough to go through. The atmosphere reminds me of an 80's bar feel with the oak and brass bar feel, the Tiffany lights. It's a little old time, but well kept. The service was a little hurried, but slow at the same time. I was there on NYE so Pier 11 was quite busy, so maybe this was a one off. The service was still nice. If passing through the area, or going to Notre Dame put Pier 11 on your places to eat list, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013

Union Mills, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not go!!!!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

11/20/13 Wednesday evening must be library night. While attempting to unwind after work, my wife, mother and mother in law was asked to leave. The owner John told them he was losing business because they were laughing and making to much noise. The last I knew, bars are for hanging out and socializing. My mother in law departed the bar crying. John D. you really know how to run a business..

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ryan P
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Doubt we'll ever return!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had looked forward to eating again at T-Bones Pier 11 when we were back in LaPorte, but things did not go well when our waiter after opening a bottle of wine (red) decided to wrap a napkin around the bottle. When he did that, he knocked the bottle over, and red wine (lots of it) went all over the tablecloth, and on my shoes, socks, slacks, blouse, and sweater.

The sweater had big spots of red wine that covered nearly 1/4 of the sweater (one of my favorite). I immediately went to the restroom to try to take care things, but after 10 minutes I made no progress and returned to the table. The waiter said that they would try to fix the sweater by soaking it while we ate. We decided to go ahead and stay for dinner since we had already ordered.

At the end of dinner, I got back a very wet sweater in a plastic bag. We were staying at a hotel for another two nights and had no way to dry the sweater (because the hotel where we were staying didn't have a hairdryer, and I was busy during the day working. I just hung the sweater up to try and dry it. Two days later when we got home, my sweater was still damp (which meant I couldn't wear it while gone—I sure could have used it!!). Most of the wine stains are gone, but now we are trying to remove 3 fairly large stubborn ones and also some small ones on my blouse (which incidentally was new and bought overseas.)

I understand accidents happen, but no offer of compensation (other than a free dessert which we declined), was made. We were shocked that no offer was made of taking care of our meal after such a big fiasco. Unbelievable! Not only did we have the aggravation of dealing with trying to salvage my clothes (which we still don't know will happen with the sweater), I was also unable to wear it anymore on the trip, and it was the only sweater I had. I sure could have used a sweater in the evenings and two days later when the weather turned dramatically cooler.

Even though our dinner (when we finally got it), was good, I'm greatly soured about going back to a restaurant who handles such a faux pas on their part in such a fashion! Hopefully, such a fiasco will never happen to anyone else, and if it does the restaurant will handle the situation better than they did with us.

PS This may turn out to be a very expensive dinner outing if I have to replace my sweater! Obviously, I am a very "unhappy camper"!!

Visited October 2013
Livonia, Michigan
“Lakeview Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

On site restaurant for the Blue Heron Inn. My husband and I loved the indoor access to the restaurant from the hotel and the delicious food. The ambience is beautiful with impeccable wood engraved ceilings. I had the roast and it was mouth watering. My husband had the pizza which he liked a lot. It also has a cozy bar for those looking for a nightcap.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CEB2013mama
Chicago, Illinois
“Cold food, slow service”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had heard good things about this restaurant and suggested this place when we and our neighbors decided to go out for dinner. I felt so badly afterward because it was not good!! The atmosphere is pleasant with an upscale feel (along with upscale prices) but slow, awkward service, cold food, and double charges on the bill add up to we will not be back.

• Visited August 2013