“For variety and the unexpected- This is a must do!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spire - CLOSED

Spire
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“For variety and the unexpected- This is a must do!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I like that there is an always changing menu. I get to try new things that I would NEVER try otherwise, and for the most part I have always enjoyed what I've eaten at Spire.

They make crazy sounding soups, but they are willing to give you a small Sample to try, and they always end up being delicious!!

It seems pricey sometimes, and the service isn't always the best, but friends and I always try to go at least once or twice a month. It's that good.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RG4957

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“First class Farm-to-Fork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Fantastic food, terrific atmosphere, great staff. Could not ask for more. Chef Brad has done some great things in LaPorte!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Andy L
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The food here is excellent . I love that everything is fresh. You know exactly what you are getting. Very nice ever changing menu and wine list. Nice friendly knowledgeable server. A bit of a sterile atmosphere. Mostly because of the lighting is glaring from the bar area but the tables were too dark. The bar and dining area are very small. Can get a bit crowded.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chicago_IllinoisSue
“Great inventive lunch choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I've been here for lunch several times. Neither I or nor anyone I've dined with has ever been disappointed. The restaurant has a "farm to fork" concept. Thus, the menu changes often while maintaining a few standards ( such as their BLT featuring candied bacon, yum).

Visited January 2014
1 Thank T A
Indiana
“Don't Go!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We recently went for dinner on a Saturday night around 6:30. When we entered we were asked if we had reservations (which we didn't) when I replied no the hostess acted as it would be a huge issue. Granted there were three tables filled in the entire diningroom at that time. Being on the golf course I expected a little preteniousness but really? It only went down hill from there. I heard a waitress decribing the specials for the evening to another table, when our waitress came and asked if we wanted any appetizers we said no, but I asked her about the specials for the evening and she replied that they were only appetizers and we wouldn't want any (which was not the case). It continued, our drinks (even water) were not refilled, we waited over an hour for our meal. Farm to fork does not mean you wait while they go to the farm for your dinner. Overall it was a complete disaster and the food was mediocre at best. If you want an enjoyable farm to fork meal that is great tasting with attentive staff, drive alittle and go to Soe in Michigan.

• Visited November 2013