“The perfect little secret hideaway”
other travellers have booked this property
living room/dining room Outside of Cottage with Patio
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
living room/dining room
Outside of Cottage with Patio
Side of Cottage w/driveway
Kitchen with backdoor that leads to outside deck
Fully Stocked Kitchen
master bedroom
2nd Bedroom with twin beds and a flat screen tv with dvd player
Bathroom
View of Pinelake and access to our pier
Backyard Deck with patio set
Grill Area and fenced yard for a dog.
Our private communtiy beach you can just walk to from the cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lovellyli...
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
“The perfect little secret hideaway”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Hi Folks! Let me begin this review with the fact that I spent 5 hours on trip advisor before deciding on renting this charming cottage. I had a tall list of criteria to fill. I wanted affordability, dog friendly, near the water, nearby dining and things to do and places to see. I was delighted upon my arrival to find that all boxes on my wish list had been checked. There was a back yard for my pooch that had a fence barrier to prevent her from escaping. lol. A huge plus! A really nice outdoor back deck to take in the fresh air and relax at the patio table and chairs. There are fun water activities to do as well weather permitting. We were up in February so we didn't access the lake..but the view from the living room of Pine lake was breath taking. Antique stores...many dining opportunities await you along with two different casinos within 10 miles of the cottage. What a nice drive from our house to just get away from it all. For us it was just a hop skip and a jump from our house. But even though we were only 65 miles away from the city suburbs we felt like we had driven much farther to a more remote area of the state. Just a really nice get away to get away from it all. The owners of this charming place are just that...charming. They attended to any questions we had. And rescued my husband when he messed up using the remote to get on the Satellite dish to watch t.v. To him that's an emergency....lol and Jan fixed him up lickety split. This cottage has everything you need to make it a home away from home. I like to cook breakfasts and I had all the tools I needed to do that. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an escape from their busy life. If your a go getter... there are lots of places to eat....gamble...shop whatever floats your boat. I would like to return again hopefully this year...so after the secret gets out that this is such a cute little place...I may have to book a little earlier next time. lol. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did. Kudos to Jan and John for making us feel so welcome with their hospitality. Kindest Regards, Al and Lisa Aronson.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the front windows of Pine Lake was awesome.
Liked least: That we couldn't stay longer. Next time we will.
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
24 Feb 2016
Such sweet words thank you so much and we look forward to you and Al coming back real soon.
Thanks again,
Jan & John
Andre M
Dalian, China
“Exquisite”
Reviewed 18 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

If you ever travel in the La Porte area, this is the place to stay. We traveled from South Africa to attend my daughters wedding and booked this cozy cottage for our two week stay. It gives new meaning to the phrase, "home away from home".
It is very quite, green with all kinds of small animals all around. The squirrels get very friendly. The birds awaken you in the morning with their good morning chatter, and the cottage itself makes you feel comfortable from the minute you walk in the door.
Our hosts are very hospitable people, makes you feel you know them a long time already, and are always ready with any kind of information.
Here you have everything you might think you need. The cottage is fully equipped and very clean. The lake is across the street, so anytime you feel like a stroll to look around, or do some fishing, cycling, golfing, or whatever you fancy, this place caters to your every need.
I highly recommend the cottage and will definitely stay here again when i travel around this area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The mornings on the porch.
Liked least: Having to leave at the end of my stay.
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ehoouttah...
“The cottage and all the "extras" made for a perfect get away.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We had all the amenities of a hotel (and then some)....a relaxing common area, a deck with acess to a gas grill. We visited, shopped, went for walks through a charming lakeside neighborhood.
Jan and John were able to give is directions to restaurants and local points of intetest. We enjoyed the LaPorte community, every one we encountered were helpful and proud of their city.

Laura C
Ashland City, Tennessee
“Wonderful, Relaxing Getaway Cottage”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I cannot say enough good things about our stay at the Cozy Country Cottage on Pine Lake. Our wonderful hosts, Jan and John (and their delightful dog Truly), were always there to answer questions or provide advice on local restaurants and things to do, but never intrusive. The cottage itself was DELIGHTFUL. It is a beautiful restored/renovated 1912 home. It is CLEAN and very well equipped - every thing is provided including linens; LOTS of towels; deck and patio furniture; folding chairs to take to the beach or park; swim floats; coolers; a bad-mitten set; croquet; numerous bikes of all sizes for every family member; propane grill; outdoor fire pit; flat screen TVs in every room with a nice Dish package for each; wi-fi; brochures with information about the local area; every dish and cooking utensil you could need. The cool old basement is clean and bright and has toys and games for kids (and adults) as well as foosball. Jan provides every type of cleaning item; paper goods - absolutely everything. The only tiny thing that I thought was missing, was a clock for the night stand, but your cell phone can serve that purpose. Also, being an old property, their are limited outlets (she provides several outlet expanders and an extension cord, so it all works out). The bathroom is very nice but quite small, with only towel hooks and no towel racks (due to space constraints), so we put our bath towels on the outside chairs to dry. It was a perfect place to have a cookout for my husband's entire family; to entertain his friends and to take a nice break from normal life. If you go to La Porte, do NOT miss the La Porte County Museum. You cannot go wrong by staying at The Cozy Country Cottage!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The welcoming "feel" of the property and the wonderful hosts.
Liked least: Had to hang towels outside to dry. No towel bars due to compact bathroom.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Alabama
Reviewed 22 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway
VA
Reviewed 9 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

IL
Reviewed 24 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing