“A great return visit”

Portofino Grill
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in LaPorte
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual dining in a country club atmosphere
Reviewed 3 November 2013

It has been over a year since our first time here after an exhausting trip, and we were not disappointed. My wife have the chicken stuffed with Brie, I chose the Walleye, but the center of attraction was the acorn squash with maple syrup and pecans. How this simple squash was transformed into something that could have easily could have passed for dessert. Sharing both the chicken and Walleye was a treat for our taste buds. The evening was topped off with a shared Chocolate Mousse that was simply a great way to end our repast. Since it was still light the wonderful view of the scenic golf course just added to our dinning experience.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We don't eat here enough! I have had several meals here, both lunch and dinner. The food is very good and the service is equally wonderful. Our most recent visit was no exception. The chicken cordon bleu is the best I've had anywhere!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Nice place great location. I had chicken picata and my wife had chicken florentine. Both were exceptional. Super service.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was a great place for travelers as it is 3 minutes from the toll road. It had many types of food served, with a gracious and attentive staff. My favorite was the lake perch. Delightful! The cheddar broccoli soup was a perfect accompaniment.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a nice, but not exceptional dinner, at Portfino. Service was OK and the restaurant reminded me of several others we have been to that overlooks a golf course.