“Never again!”
Review of The Blue Heron Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in LaPorte
The Blue Heron Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Michigan
“Never again!”
Reviewed 29 September 2009

On the possitive side......The staff was excellent. Katie (front desk) could not have been more accomodating. She was the only part of the Blue Haron experience that was worth the trip. Regarding the Blue Haron Inn....The rooms were filthy. No screens in the windows (just spiders and cobwebs), Blanket on the bed had to be removed, and replaced...(no clue what was on it....afraid to ask). Crumbs on the bathroom floor. Shower...no thanks...grundgy. No ventalation...ceiling fan just moved the smell around the room. Due to the unbearable odor, we literally set our luggage on the dresser (afraid to put suitcases on the discusting floor) and immediately left to purchase air freshner. We were told our room had a refridgerator...had none. We had a dvd player...no cables...not hooked up to t.v.....carpet was extremely nasty....don't dare walk on it in your barefeet....No radio...just a small cheap clock....had to go buy one....Way too pricey! Very high priced....very low quality! Never Again, will I (nor my family) stay at the Blue Haron, ever again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
valparaiso, IN
Reviewed 15 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Heron Inn. We were so looking forward to our getaway for our 26th wedding anniversary. We had a lakeside view with a balcony that was full of spider webs. The patio chairs were filthy. The carpet was filthy and worn, the sliding glass door did not lock (the lock was broke), alot of dead bugs on the sliding door track inside the room, lots of dust bunnies under the bed, mold growing around the shower stall. The air conditioner kicked off at least a dozen times thru the night, the room become warm and uncomfortable. I told the manager my complaints and she didn't seem to really care. She said "the cob webs on the balcony are normal because it's right on the lake and the a/c is suppose to kick off". This inn needs some serious renovating. The food at T-Bones, was excellent.! It's too bad that they are attached to the inn. We won't be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 5 July 2009

If you want peace and quiet, this hotel is not for you. My room was directly next to a bar area with a patio. The staff had absolutely no regard for the fact that I was staying there with a 10 month old baby. They put me in a room where less than 6 ft. away, people were outside of my patio drinking and smoking. When I complained to the manager, she told me that If I had a problem with people celebrating, I should take my baby and go to the Holiday Inn. I could not sit on the patio and relax because of the party going on right next door. They had no security and again, no regard for my safety.

The hot tub handle broke the first night and they had no one available to fix it, so I had to listen to water running for most of the night.

The manager of this hotel was rude when I complained and out of line with the way she spoke to me. I will never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
JOHNNYD62, owner at The Blue Heron Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2009
Hello,
I'm the owner of the Blue Heron Inn in LaPorte Indiana. I was not here the night this lady complained about the noise on the lakeside patio, but I heard about it the next day. It was the evening of the fourth of July . We were sold out. We are on a large lake and every year our neighbors shoot alot of fireworks. Many guest come year after year to celebrate. We know we can't please everyone but we do our best. Our policey on the entire property even in the bar & pool area is to close down at 10 pm because we know some guest have differant reasons for staying with us. I think it was unreasonable for this guest to complain about the 4th celebrations when all the other guest were having a good time and were not out of line. As for reguards for safty we have security cameras covering ALL of our common areas. There were no problems that night. We were never told about the hot tub handle being broken that night or any other night. It must have fixed its self.
Thank you for talking time to read my response.
John C Diedrich ( Owner of The Blue Inn)
Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2008

We arrived at this hotel in the evening with two kids and we thought it would be nice for them to experience the ambiance of a lake resort. We had a lakeside view in front of the pool where my children were not allowed to swim - adults only after 7pm.

The room was filthy, well worn and musty. The pull-out sofa bed was gross, the mattress sagged, and from the looks of the mess under it, there was more than one party there. The carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. The outdoor deck furniture was full of spider webs and bugs. The air conditioning was loud, but we needed it to drown out the adult guests who were up well into the night. The TV had no kids channels. The only good part was the breakfast.

If you are traveling with kids - stick to the national chains where there are standards for quality and cleanliness. There was a Holiday Inn Express across the street that looked nice and we should have stayed there. Lesson learned.

• Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dmc3257
LaPorte
Reviewed 10 May 2008

I absolutely adorded this hotel. My honey and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The room service from the hotel's restaurant, T-Bones, was top of line. Thanks Nancy!! I enjoyed the spatub with a window overlooking the lake. This place is layed back with employee's that treat you like family. When your here you're family!

• Liked — homelike
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to The Blue Heron Inn? Share your experiences!