“Family friendly!”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband got some time off for vacation so we decided to get out of the house with our 2 year old son. The room was very cozy and clean, we loved that there was a fridge in the room for our son's food, and the pillows were great! We took our son in the pool and he had a blast. We went on a weekday which was nice so the pool wasn't too busy. They also had a little play area outside of the pool that is great for younger kids. We ate dinner in the restaurant that was in the building called timbers. The food was great! Everyone was very nice and made us feel like we were on a real vacation! Thanks! We will definately come back again!

Room Tip: the first floor rooms are convenient if you have children using the pool and play area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The rooms are nicely decorated but the beds are awful. I could feel the springs through the fabric. I'm never staying again, worst night of sleep in hotel ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Hello Sabrina R.,
First of all, thank your for your feedback. Secondly, we would like to apologize for the situation that you experienced with your mattress. We normally receive a lot of positive feedback from our guests regarding the beds. It would be very helpful to us if you would notify us with which room number that you stayed in so that we may prevent another guest from having the same unsatisfactory experience that you had. We would very much like to offer you an upgrade in the future if you would wish to visit our property again to make up for the situation that you faced.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary this weekend. We went to Lansing, IL and stayed at Comfort Suites for the first night and planned on staying there for the duration of the weekend. However, due to the POOR customer service and FILTHY room amenities, we had to check out early. We were heading home after our events we attended, though we wanted to spend another night alone together and not go home just yet, we decided to call hotels in the area to get a reservation. Everywhere was booked. So our last resort was Best Western in LaPorte, Indiana. Both my husband and I spoke to Patrica the general manager of the property and explained the terrible service we received from Comfort Suites. She was sooooo kind and caring on the phone and set us up nicely. She gave us a free upgrade to a Jacuzzi suite room and we did not know until we checked in that she did, we received 20 % off our dinner at Timbers and a free appetizer. And to put the whole stay over the top, she had a free bottle of wine placed in the room before we got there. And to tell you how amazing Patrica was we only had called her 30 minutes before we arrived to check in and she flew like superwoman to make our stay amazing for our anniversary. I literally cried when I saw the bottle of wine. Talk about OUTSTANDING SERVICE! The cook, our waitress Kyla, Karen, and Mark knew about our situation and made sure everything was perfect. I would like to thank Patrica once again and Karen, Mark, Kyla, and kitchen staff for making our anniversary weekend so much better and memorable. Below I have included some pictures of the room to show the awesome quality and cleanliness of the room and services.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I am in a wheelchair and they ere renovating all rooms. The room I had was not very handicap accessible. I had to back in the bathroom with my wheelchair. There was no bars by toilet for me to hold on to. The toilet papaer holder I couldnt reach. It just wasnt very comfortable.

Room Tip: Just if your handicap make sure u ask all questions before booking..
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Overall and average stay. Was here for a funeral so we needed a hotel to stay at. The hotel is a good location, nearby restaurants and such. The hotel itself has some smelly issues going on. When walking down the hallway to the rooms the hallway smelled very musty, and moldy. Once we entered the room it was not any better. The room was hot and muggy and had the smell of must also. The room itself was standard, and clean. Our room backed up to the pool which is convenient. One issue our party did have was we were relaxing, swimming, eating at our patio and the sign indicated that the pool would close at 11 pm. It was 10:15 and a gentlemen came and told our party to start packing up and heading inside. He was pretty much kicking us out at an earlier time than the sign had said. Our family though did not pack it up until 11pm. In my opinion that was pretty rude and uncalled for since the sign stated the pool was open til 11pm. I'll choose otherwise if our family needed a hotel in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

nice place - really nice pool, you swim under a wall and your inside - or- outside depending on which way your swimming. - - free coffee in the morning -bed is very comfortable - AC works great - front desk people are nice - and helpful - _ i don't recommend the weekend breakfast buffet but there is a "round the clock" restaurant down the block that is very good !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I work all over In. Mich. And IL and always come back home to the Best Western La Porte. For me thats how the staff and management make you feel right at home. I have never had a bad stay, rooms are well maintained, comman areas also. It is just a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
The Blue Heron Inn
#1 of 7 in LaPorte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Michigan City, IN
Baymont Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!