“Excellent once again! :)”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I visited this property on 2/23/2013 and enjoyed our stay again. We had just gotten back from New Jersey and needed sometime just for him and myself. Krystal took care of us once again. We stayed in the Queen Jacuzzi Suite. The staff was once again friendly and polite. The food at Timbers was excellent as well as the staff. I had a few drinks in the bar and some appetizers. Definitely worth the money we spent. The bartender was sweet and very professional. She made wonderful suggestions and she was very outgoing. In the morning we had breakfast sent via room service. The food was hot, fresh, and delicious. We HIGHLY recommend this property for couples that just need a night or weekend to themselves. The staff is outstanding! They are patient, kind, and understanding of any situation. They work their hardest to provide the best service possible for guests staying at the property. Thank you ladies for working so hard!

****Side note***** This is a note for the guests that stay at the property. If you are going to bring your kids to this place please watch them! Running up and down the walkways to rooms and screaming at 9pm at night is unacceptable. Parent your children and do not put the hotel in a situation of having to parent your kids for you. It's rude to other guests and it put the hotel is a tricky situation. The hotel has outstanding staff and to put their positions in jeopardy because you can't stop drinking to take care of your kids is ridiculous and neglectful. I wish this hotel could call CPS on those parents when they see that.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MCRANE0603
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again. Your kind words are very much appreciated. We are always tremendously happy when a guest has a wonderful experience such as your's. Thank you so much for the praise and kind compliments. You have made our day!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My husband and I go here each February from 3 hours away. We meet with about 20 friends and we really look forward to it. The staff is very friendly and will do anything to make our stay comfortable. The food in the restaurant is excellent, but expect to wait (and wait...and wait) for it. When a couple questioned the wait we were told, "well, if you would have told us you were going to eat here, we could have prepared for it" (we had told them months earlier). Soooo...hotel service, excellent! Restaurant service...not. Again the food was great, but half our group opted for pizza the next night because of the service...it's a shame that the restaurant lost that business because of slow, "it's not my fault" service. Just a hint owner, if your customers are waiting over two hours for food, at least offer a free drink, desert, or discount off the bill. We'll still go back because the hotel itself is great.

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Kathie L
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Kathie L.
Thank you so much for telling us the about the details of your stay. We are sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience in our restaurant. We will use your feedback to help improve restaurant satisfaction for other guests. Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel. We definitely appreciate and look forward to hosting your group here every year and hope to see you next year!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Had a wonder two night stay for my birthday. friends and family stopped in for visiting and didn't here of any complaints.Didn't have any problems with the staff, room was clean and ready and the room I requested (poolside). We stayed Saturday night and Sunday night The best time was Suday at noon when parents checked out with the kids. Parents in the hot tub with 5 & 6 year olds meaningfuly splashing and kicking other customers was not nice. parents that bring kids should teach kids to respect others feelings or don't bring them. I like kids, Ihave kids myself, I just feel they should be a limited amount and age of kids for the hot tub area. And the parents should be watched that there taking care of their kids. Sunday afternoon was the relaxing time I was there for. Best Western in Laporte, Indiana has all the comfort I'm looking for on the right day.

Room Tip: main floor (poolside) the only area I've stayed
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances E

Frances,
We are so glad that you had a wonderful birthday! I personally remember you from your stay and it was a pleasure to see you here again. Your feedback about the pool/jacuzzi area regarding the children will help us in handling issues like this in the future. We apologize that the first half of your weekend in the pool area was not as pleasing as it should have been. Again, thank you so much and we hope to see you help you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I stayed at Best Western on 2-23 to 2-24 of 2013 with my husband and 2 kids..My main reason for staying there is for the pool and room service..I had a awful experience with room service for dinner and breakfast..The waitress had a very bad attitude and made her mistakes mine.. I guess customer service is out the window with her..Got my room number wrong at dinner and told me that i gave her the wrong room number..No i did not and i told her..She did not apologize at all but the lady that helped her bring the food did..Spent very good money at dinner and i thought she could have had a better attitude..For breakfast the same lady brought me 2 orders of the same food and did not apparently see my note..the menu u order from for room servvice for breakfast, u better not want 2 orders of the same thing but one thing is cooked diffrently..The waitress will get to confused i guess..
MAKE SURE u make sure ur toilet is clean..I was giving my baby a bath that nite and looked over and saw black stuff in toilet bowl to the top..Laziness! Thank God I had Lysol and sprayed the WHOLE toilet..I will NOT stay there again...If i had too i would like to see the room first before i pay..Hope this stuff is helpful...The front desk ladies were AWESOME!! no complaints there..

Room Tip: any room near the pool...Just try to see the room first and make sure they cleaned it good enough
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Let me begin by thanking you for your detailed feedback. It is feedback like this that helps us to improve the way we manage all aspects of our property. We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the treatment that you should have. We would love to make it up to you. If you are ever in the area please contact the Assistant General Manager or the General Manager and we will help you personally. Thank you again for your feedback and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It seemed like this hotel was half way through a remodel of sorts. Many items in the hotel are newer such as the TVs, bedstands, furniture, and vanity. However, things like the walls, flooring, elevator and recreation area in the middle of the hotel are a blast from the 60's and in need of updating. The hotel is comfy, but had an odd feeling since it seemed quite empty when we were staying there.
One thing the hotel definitely needs to do is get automatic doors for the entrance into the lobby. Using the luggage cart to get through the double sets of doors was a problem and I'm not sure how disabled individuals would ever be able to get into the hotel without a bit of help.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not near the elevator due to the noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for reviewing our property. You feedback and suggestions will definitely be taken into consideration for future improvement plans. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Staff went out of their way to help make our daughter's wedding reception a success. Very accommodating in terms of making sure we were taken care of. We had an hors doeurves bar instead of a meal - the table looked fantastic. Karen was wonderful to work with. I do not have one single complaint about the entire experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bonanza4me

We are glad that your experience here was a great one. We had a wonderful time with your group and Karen appreciates the kind words! I know that she had a great time helping you as well. If there is anything that we can ever assist you with in the future just let us know. Thank you so much for your feedback and for your business!

Reviewed 15 January 2013

peopple here are super cool. front desk, bar, housekeeping all of them. they know the area really good because most of them live in the area so if you want good places to eat or hang out or whatever they got you covered. i am here all week for work every week for 12 weeks and i have pets to take care of and they are very accomidating for that situation as well.

Room Tip: rooms on upper levels in the corners are larger so u have more room to move around
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Casey,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay here with us for so long. Guests like you make our job that much better! Again, a tremendous thank you! We hope to serve you again in the future if you are ever in LaPorte.

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
#2 of 5 in Chesterton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!