“Great Stay 8/3/13”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Booked this hotel a month ago , all the other hotels around 4 Winds casino were booked , I hate booking and not knowing any thing about the hotel , I trusted reviews , And had very pleasant stay , Rooms were very clean and beds were nice and comfortable , and believe me I'm picky . Nice town to . I would stay again no problem .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was actually shocked. I was hesitant on staying here but all the other Hotels in the area were booked, so we stayed here. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are updated and very clean. The beds were VERY comfortable. And it is close to all kinds of little shops. We were woken up at 4 am to a fire alarm, and someone going down the hall knocking on every door yelling "Fire Alarm!" Even though the Fire alarm, and being evacuated was unpleasant, I was impressed by the staff that they knocked on every door, making sure that each guest was aware that there was possibly a fire, and making sure that everyone was evacuated.. No fire, thank God! :) Over all we were very pleased with this Hotel!

Only downfall, I was here for business, and the internet was down half of the time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel has a unique character. Many of the rooms have an adobe facade with patios on the inside of the building facing a shuttle board, putting green, and pool. It is a wonderful place for families to vacation. The breakfast is way beyond cold continental fare. Each guest receives a breakfast pass to use in the restaurant for a hot meal chosen from a fantastic menu. On weekends, breakfast is a hot brunch.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel about 11-12 years ago and loved it because of the indoor activies/play area. Now we have 2 children ages 6 and 9 and thought it would be perfect for our family visit to LaPorte. We stayed on a Saturday night and there was loud music and yelling until about 12:30 or 1:00 am. The next morning we went down to swim and use the indoor activies (around 8:00) and wer told we could not use until 10:00 because it was "quiet time". I made the front desk aware of the lack of "quiet time" into the night and she told me that they keep things quiet after 11:00pm (very rudely) so I was wrong on my time. We did go to the gameroom to keep the kids entertained. One of the video games did not work for my son. The front desk lady would not give him his quarters back until a parent came and filled out a form. Seriously, $.50! Also, shower drain plugged but I didn't complain because it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The room was pretty good. Kind of a strange layout with the A/C at the back of the room near the bathroom and a partial wall separating the sleeping area. Had to turn the A/C off when I was by the sink or in the bathroom because it was too cold. However, the A/C does shut off when there is no activity in the room for awhile. So, you may return to a very warm room if you are gone for awhile. I was told this is their eco-friendly system. I'm all about being green but after being at the beach all day in the sun, I don't want to return to a room that is 95 degrees because the A/C shut off. Bed was comfortable and our end room was very quiet. Hotel has a small indoor/outdoor pool, shuffleboard, fitness room, game room, restaurant and bar. Didn't go into the bar but the restaurant service was slow for both breakfast and dinner. Food was decent but I probably would not dine there again just based on how slow they were.

Room Tip: Get a room on an upper floor and near the end.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is an older hotel with very nice updated rooms. The beds, linens, TVs, room decor, and bathrooms were super. The staff was busy, but helpful and friendly. The common areas, ie, lobby, pool area, and game room were older, but in good repair and clean. Our family enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool, whirlpool, and game area complete with a pool table! We did not use the resturant. I felt the price was very reasonable, considering the cost of staying anywhere closer to the Lake, was much higher. We were only 30 mins from Lake Michigan, so it was a perfect spot for us.

Room Tip: We chose a room well away from the elevators on the upper floor. It was very quiet, although the ho...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Staff was good. Food in restaurant was disappointing (tasted old and not fresh). Appitisers in bar were good. Need extra towels in room; Metal chairs in lounge areas by shuffle board and on second floor were broken and difficult to sit on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
#2 of 5 in Chesterton
The Blue Heron Inn
The Blue Heron Inn
#4 of 7 in LaPorte

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!