“Very clean and I'm a clean freak!”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
LaPorte, United States
“Very clean and I'm a clean freak!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Sheets are spotless and rooms feature newer décor/furniture. Internet access is very good and the staff are some of the best: polite, courteous and helpful. I am probably going to have to stay in LaPorte quite a bit over the next year and it's nice to have a place where I can check in and not have to be taking a gamble with comfort.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Mark,
Hearing that you are so comfortable here make our entire staff very happy. We aim to be everyone's "Home away from Home". We appreciate you review and look forward to seeing you again!
Crystal
Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Laporte, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great stay, very accomodating staff, nice restaurant, the pool/atrium area is very nice, the property is very well maintained, would be a great summer location also, very close to the lake, shopping and the outlet mall in Michigan City.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Carol,
Happy New Year! We are very honored that you spent your last day of 2013 with us. I hope that we may see you in our hotel or restaurant in 2014. And remember, rooms go quick on New Year's Eve! Make sure to reserve early for this year if you'd like to celebrate with us again. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you a wonderful 2014!
Crystal
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family has been celebrating New Year's Eve at the Best Western for years. We take a HUGE group out there every year, with food and drinks and games. It's always a great time. This year, we were a little disappointed with the hotel's response to rowdy guests.

I specifically requested a room that was not poolside so that I could avoid the noise after hours. I went to bed around 2AM. My neighbors proceeded to party, including smoking marijuana, all night long, until 6AM. I was awake the whole time. They were quite noisy. I called the front desk once, and someone did come up and make some people leave the room. But there were people up and down the hallway all night, knocking on doors, shouting, blowing horns, etc. It was the loudest I have ever experienced.

I had an uncle that was poolside that left at 4AM because his neighbors were also partying all night. I also heard the family that stayed in the room on the other side of me complaining about the partying room.

I felt very frustrated and can honestly say....I don't have a strong desire to spend my next New Year's Eve out there. I understand that everyone is partying and having fun on NYE. But I think after 1-2AM adults staying in a hotel should know how to behave and be somewhat respectful of other people in the building. If they're not respectful, I think Best Western has a responsibility to ask them to leave. I felt terrible for the young family next to me that had to smell marijuana all night.

All in all, it was a rough night. I didn't get any sleep and even after I mentioned it to the front desk staff I was just told that I should have let someone know. I felt like I shouldn't have had to pay full price for that experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Amanda,
New Year's Eve is a very busy time for us every year. We prepare by having plenty of staff on hand and we hire local law officers to do security for us as well. Unfortunately, we can not control each persons actions, however we do hold them accountable. Guests that were disregarding our policies were asked to leave the hotel. I am very sorry that you had to experience those circumstances as they are definitely not the normal atmosphere that we attain here. We appreciate your business so, if you would like to contact me at 219.362.4585 ext. 103 I would like to personally appologize and rectify the situation. Thanks again for your feedback.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is an older facility that was built in the 1960s, and was originally a Holiday Inn. It has changed hands a couple of times and is now a Best Western property.

We have stayed at this facility at least three times, twice since it has been Best Western. We always stay at Christmas time as we are in town to visit with friends and family.

The rooms are quite nice and clean. The hallways leading to the rooms are clean. Front desk personnel are friendly and very efficient. The parking lots were plowed clear of snow, all sidewalks leading into the building were clear of snow and were dry. I note this because we had previously stayed at the Super 8 which was next door to the Best Western and they did *not* clear their lots. That property (Super 8) is now under renovation and is bearing a Travelodge sign.

The rooms at this Best Western provide a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, wi-fi, desk, hair dryer, ironing board and iron.

There is a restaurant inside the building, however, the most important thing I can say about that is, it is NEVER open on Christmas. There are restaurants in La Porte but none of them are open on Christmas, either. If you need to be there on Christmas day, you would be wise to bring your own food and utensils, and take advantage of the refrigerator and microwave in the hotel room.

The "complimentary" breakfast that is provided all other days is a breakfast buffet which includes donuts, sweet rolls, a waffle iron for making your own waffles, a bowl of fresh fruit, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, French toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage patties. Starbucks coffee is provided in a dispenser, and there are pitchers of orange juice. Even though breakfast is served in the restaurant, the restaurant does not offer menu items for breakfast. You either eat from the buffet or you find your breakfast elsewhere. As for lunch and dinner, a menu is available. We did not eat lunch or dinner there.

There is also a bar available next to the restaurant.

The hotel has an indoor/outdoor pool, a fitness room, hot tub, spa, conference rooms, guest laundry and more. A detailed list of their amenities can be found on their website.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Lindeemc,
We always "Strive for 5"! If you are in the area again, we would love to here your detailed suggestions of what we could do to make your review of us a 5/5. We are always interested in every guests thoughts as far as improvement. Thank you so much for such a detailed review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Montgomery, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My son was part of a pop Warner football team and we stayed here at the hotel for one night. No complaints beside feeling as if the rooms were dirty upon arrival. Dust was on our head board to our bed. The coffee pot hadn't been used prior to us so there was some dust all over the coffee pot. I work at a hotel myself and I knew what to observe for my family and myself. A week before we checked in I called ahead to see if I could possibly get a better rate given to our group and spoke with a lady who gave me a better rate then my own group rate. I wasn't prepared to give my credit information at the time so when I called back a young man answered the phone very unhelpful and unsure of how to use his computer. Needless to say when we woke up in the morning there was a dead spider in the bathroom. Okay stay, just wished I had something positive to say.

Room Tip: First floor rooms had sliding doors and easy access to pool. Some rooms on each floor have sliding d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Angela,
We will definitely use your feedback as a training tool since this is not our normal standard of our Ultra Clean Program. All staff goes through detailed training on cleaning our guest rooms to ensure they are of the highest quality possible for our guests. As for the rate, we occaisionally do offer special rates that may not be available at all times other than the day your book them, so we do apologize for the variance in rates. We would love the opportunity to serve you again. If you would like to visit us again I would like to personally help you with your reservation. You can reach me directly at 219.362.4585 ext. 103.
LaPorte, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Checked in very late (1 AM). Jo Ellen at the check in desk was very polite, professional and courteous. The room was clean, Would definitely stay here again. WiFi was very good. Also a VERY clean hotel inside and out. Mark M.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Mark,
I am very happy to hear that Jo-Elyn was able to make your stay comfortable and I will definitely pass along your compliment to her. We are glad to hear that you had another wonderful stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again!

Asst. GM
Syracuse
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The price on Trip Advisor was listed as an $85 special through Best Western. We called the hotel directly and we're told they couldn't give that price, but should call the main 800 number. We were told by Best Western that price was not available at the property. We ended paying only a few dollars more, $89, but felt led on.

The room was fine and clean with microwave, fridge and flat screen TV. The heat couldn't be adjusted; it was either on or off. The toilet didn't flush properly. We will report these to maintenance and assume they will be taken care of in the future.

Breakfast is included, but we haven't eaten yet.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steveg1
Steve,
We have let our maintenance team know of the issues you reported and they have taken care of those for the next guest. I am very sorry that you had a difficult time making your reservation and getting the rate you had found. If you are ever in the area again, I would love to personally assist you with your reservation at 219-362-4585. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Asst. GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
Best Western Indian Oak
#2 of 5 in Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!