“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed 12 May 2014

very nice place to stay. 1 mile from down town laporte and about 14 mile's from Michigan city beach .the rooms are clean. the pool and hot tub are nice. the bar lounge is a great place to go and unwind.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is in a nice location - little town on the water. The hotel itself needs updates and some serious cleaning. The noise from the open area for the kids was loud even after the lights went out. Hard to sleep with various loud voices echoing in the centre area.
Restaurant was very good. Kudos to the chef!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had a business event in the conference room for a couple of days, also was spring break for my kids. Brought the family to enjoy all the amenities while I worked. Kids were in heaven. Visited Bass Pro Shops in Portage Friday evening and had dinner there...was a good experience. The Best Western Staff was very professional and always accommodating to our requests. Overall, the 2.5 days we spent there was enjoyable and at the same time I accomplished my work responsibilities.

Room Tip: Rooms with walkout patio doors to pool, mini golf, etc....were great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Grant S
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here for a volleyball tournament. This hotel totally exceeded my expectations. Every staff that we came in contact with was helpful and friendly. The room was nice and clean with micro and fridge and nice decor.The pool and hot tub were great, water was not too cold. They have an arcade, shuffle board, mini golf, and a little playground all right before you get to the pool in this open, adobe style area. I loved the set up there. They had rooms where you could just walk right out in to this area. Breakfast good, also another nice set up. They had eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, potatoes, and little cartons of milk. The only problem we had was that the internet did not work that night. This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: We booked a regular room, but I bet their suites are awesome.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Jennie,
We are thrilled that you had a wonderful time! We always strive to make each guest's stay memorable. It brings joy to our staff when we hear kind words of praise to our facility. We look forward to seeing you and your family if you are ever in the area again. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Always a pleasant stay. Clean, friendly staff, good restaurant and a reasonable price. Fun for the entire family. For an exceptional value in your hotel stay in northern Indiana, you would have to look far and wide to find a more satisfying accommodation than the LaPorte Best Western. We always prefer its great location, good rates, the Santa Fe motif, fine dining experience, but most of all the staff - they are simply the finest. OK, now for the extras: the pool is fabulous, game / fitness center is clean and well equipped, and the putting green is great even when there is a foot of snow on the ground outside.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Richard C

Richard,
We are so pleased that you had a great stay. Thank you so much for your detailed review and kind words. Our staff works hard every day to make each persons experience here a great one and to hear of reviews like yours really makes our day! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

we stayed at this location for 4 nights while our house was getting electrical work done. We booked an atrium room and found the accomidations to be satisfactory and the room was clean and quiet for the most part. However, we booked a room close to the pool, but were told the only room available was the one farthest from the pool. We accepted this, but noticed that there were plenty of vacant rooms close to the pool. The breakfast is really good, but it wasn't much more than a deluxe continental breakfast. You only get 2 breakfast passed PER STAY and each is only good for 1 person and 1 day only. You have to pay $8.95 for each additional person. The website is misleading when it comes to this as it promises free breakfast. I suggest dining at Round the Clock down the road for breakfast. It is less expensive if traveling with your family And the food is excellent.

When it comes to amenities, the pool area, sliding glass doors and patio area outside or room,play ground and game room are top notch! My kids loved staying here and had plenty to keep them busy. My husband and I liked relaxing on the patio at night when all was peaceful and quiet. The only problems we had were with other guests and the day shift front desk clerk who was very rude and made sure that you knew you were bothering her every time you came to her with a question or concern. The other guests were out of control! They left their children unattended and running wild while they got intoxicated and became more of a issue than their misguided children. On our last night at this location my daughter was down for a nap and all the sudden things got really loud. After listening to 10 minutes straight of F bombs and sexual intuindo, I peeked out the sliding glass door and found a group of people had the nerve to be sitting on our patio drinking beer and acting foolish. I nicely told them that our room was occupied and that they could not sit there as I liked my peace and quiet. They ignored me and continued to sit there and party loudly. I then called the front desk and after getting a hold of the rude young lady that mans the front desk I demanded that she ask them to vacate my area. After a series of sighs and huffs and puffs (that reminded me this woman clearly thought I was wasting her time) she agreed to ask them to leave. The group left of course, but took our patio table and chairs with them to the middle of the atrium! I rang the front desk again and reminded the clerk of the year that I paid good money for an atrium room with a patio so my family and I could enjoy it, not so every hillbilly within a 100 mile radius could disturb me with their loud drunk banter a meer 10 ft from where my daughter was trying to nap. She got our table and chairs back, but this incident was not without consequence. Every time someone in the party passed they either banged on the glass door, threw beer cans at the door, or shouted obscenities aimed at us. These people ruined what would have otherwise been a very pleasant stay. I am on the fence right now about whether I will stay here again or recommend this hotel to others. This was the worst stay I have ever had in any hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kymmie_girl

Kymmie,
We are glad that you enjoyed the layout of our Atrium View rooms and the food in the Timbers Restaurant. Our breakfast policy has changed in the past year. Breakfast for 2 people is included in the base rate of the room, each additional person brings the rate up by only $5.00 per person. We are very sorry though that you had to experience the issue with the other group of guests. Our staff attendant was happy to try to help rectify the situation for you. Unfortunately we cannot control how others guests behave but we do our best to make sure that are held accountable for their actions. We thank you for your detailed review and hope that you will give us another chance to give you the wonderful stay that you deserve.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect family getaway..I loved our stay here, The hotel was very beautiful, the staff was amazing, everyone was very helpful and polite. The restaurant was very nice, I loved the fireplace, the good was outstanding, and the service was incredible. Our room was very spacious, and clean, beds were comfortable. The pool and workout room was a plus! The breakfast that was included was very good. I would recommend this hotel. Very nice, I will definitely be staying here again when I'm in town!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
3 mi away
Best Western Indian Oak
Best Western Indian Oak
#2 of 5 in Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Michigan City

Been to Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!