“Pet Friendly, cheerful, clean & comfortable”

Comfort Inn La Porte
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in LaPorte
Reviewed 24 January 2014

When you need to road trip with a pet I don't think I could have asked for anything nicer. I went with my toy poodle,added a new kitten on my return trip and both times they took care of us all! There is pet fee, but it was totally reasonable. The nice grassy area with a doggie disposal can right by the door was a valuable convenience. After rejuvenating in the Jacuzzi tub, the king size bed was great and I slept like a baby. The delicious continental breakfast, served by a cheerful staff made my day--even though I'm not a "morning person." My only problem is that it is only 2 hours from my friend's house., However, since I can't do the drive by myself in one day, it means if I stop in LaPort I can arrive or leave at my friend's at a civilized hour!

Room Tip: The pool looked nice, but after a long drive my L-4/L-5 loved the Jacuzzi bath tub!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Holiday I, General Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and are very happy that we could accomadate you and your pets. We will make sure to pass along your kind words to all of our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel was reasonably priced for New Year's Eve night. However once I was in the room I felt it was over priced for any night! The room seemed clean until we went to open the window and there were 2 very large, dead bugs on the window ledge. I scooped them up and threw them out the window. We tried to forget about it until there was a live one crawling across our bed! Needless to say we were not happy. I slid a piece of paper under it and threw it out the window again. When it was time for bed there were a few small hairs in the bed too. The next morning friends went down for breakfast and said it was good. The pool had a leak so was not able to be used either. If we did not have the bug and hair experience things would of been fine, but I cannot overlook that. Therefore we will not be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear cubfan4366,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is very unfortunate to see the cleanliness of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was here for a business overnight stay with my husband. The company chose this hotel for us. While checking in, I could see directly into the pool area. All I can say is "DO NOT plan to swim here!!!" YUCK! Filthy and nasty. One more negative is that all the towels are extremely stiff and discolored...definitely not "white" which I'm sure they once were. Location was ok. There is a great restaurant across the street called T-Bones pier 11. Overall pretty average place to stay. Nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear ladyvet20,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our hotel location. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that you found our hotel pretty average. We always strive to provide an outstanding experience for our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations in particular the level of cleanliness in our pool area. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel staff was very nice. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very good also. The towels in the bathroom could be softer. The room above us must have had kids because it sounded like they were jumping on the floor. Once they quieted down we slept very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Holiday I, General Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate you kind words and will pass them along to our entire staff and management. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

When we checked in I was pleased to see that they accommodated my request on the placement of my room. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations for places to eat. The room was clean. You can tell the hotel building is older but you can tell that they have worked to keep it up. We will stay again when we travel in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday I, General Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. We appreciate you kind words and will make sure to forward this to our entire staff and management. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is our second time staying here during a road trip. Front desk is great. Rooms are ok, but nothing special. One of my biggest complaints is plumbing that doesn't work. I hate standing in water during my shower.

Directly across the street is the Blue Heron Inn- we are staying there on our way back home. The rooms are definitely better with a great view next to the lake. And surprisingly are less expensive. I look forward to stopping in LaPorte on our return and will enjoy the sunset on the lake.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Blue Heron Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robert D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Robert D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the bathroom conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel staff was very nice when we showed up. Room was comfortable and air conditioner worked. The bathroom was typical for holiday inn, except not enough air movement. Free wi-fi. Free breakfast was okay. Hotel right across a lake and Mexican restaurant next door.The place is noisy, could hear next room's tv over ours. Many families with kids were there, thus lots of noise. It was convenient place to stop off RT I80/90. Accepted AAA.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank two_girls_and_mom
Holiday I, General Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. We apologize for the noise issue you experience and will make sure to pass you comments along to help us improve. We also thank you for your kind words and hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to La Porte, IN.

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaPorte
Hampton Inn La Porte
The Blue Heron Inn
#6 of 7 in LaPorte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City
Baymont Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Comfort Inn La Porte? Share your experiences!