“Great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Campbellsville, Kentucky
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a great hotel to stay at in lawrenceburg. The hotel was clean and neat, housekeeping would speak to you when you walked down a hallway. The pool was clean and a nice place for kids to play also.
The front desk staff, Kim and Kim were a great help with questions, and I have to give mention to the GM,Joe Lockaby, because I found his work ethic unserpassed by few in this industry.
If you are looking for a place to stay for vacation or business this is the hotel for you!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
joe l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Driggins2u,

I want to thank you for your kind words and review of our Holiday Inn Express and glad that you chose us for your lodging needs. Kim and Kim have been informed of your review. It makes my staff very happy when their names are mentioned in reviews as not everyone who stays with us takes the time to give us the feedback that is good. We are all compassionate about the business and take great pride in our hotels amenities and rooms. Our hotel offers a nice indoor heated pool, full hot breakfast, fitness center, business center, and friendly staff. I am delighted to see that you recognized us for our service. Thanks again and hope to see you again in the near future.

Holiday Inn Express

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hubby and I stayed here for two nights this May to go to the nearby casinos. This is an older property converted to a Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are roomy, updated and clean. Beds and linens comfy. Each room has a mini-frig., micro, and small sink for clean-up. Bathroom adequate. The shower and showerhead was WONDERFUL! We could've stayed in the shower forever! Lots of water pressure! Breakfast was plentiful with bacon, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs,pancakes and those famous warm cinnamon rolls. Fruit, juice, cereals, etc. were also offered. Breakfast was one of the best included breakfasts we have had. The pool looked great and clean. We were surprised there was no hot tub. Overall, our experience was very good and we will return.

Dear IndianaLynn53,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg. I am delighted to hear that your stay was a great one. I am glad that you and your husband had the opportunity to stay with us and that we were able to provide you with the best amenities in the market. HIE does have the best showers and we do have a really nice pool as well. Glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

Holiday Inn Express
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Not sure if we would stay again. The staff is great. The room was very clean, but it needs some updating. The corridor to our room had a musty smell.
The location was great for our trip to Florida.
There are other hotels near by that might fit our needs better next time..
The breakfast was fine.
My husband thought the shower was great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear IllinoisTravelnut,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review of our property. I am delighted to know that you found your room clean and comfortable and our hotel staff highly commendable.

I apologize for the inconvenience the condition of the corridor may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you and we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travel bring you back to the area.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Martinsville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Upon arriving, one of the wheels was falling off of the valet. All the bolts save one had fallen out. The room I thought I had requested was not available due to being taken "out of service". The elevator to the second floor is small and cramped. It is not of sufficient size, in my opinion, for a Holiday Inn Express. An old historical hotel, perhaps but not here. The hallway leading room 212 was damp feeling as was the room itself. The room contained a Jacuzzi that may have contributed to the room dampness, but certainly not that of the hallway. Once I sat down in the desk chair, it was time to remove myself from the premises. Two out of four bolts were missing from the chair which allowed it to wobble back and forth, to and fro. Also, I noticed covers on the arms of the chair. Once I slid them back, I found out why. The arm upholstery covering was badly torn. Rather than replace the chair, it was "swept under the rug", so to speak. By this time, the experience at the Holiday Inn Express was in the tank and it was time to depart. We did not stay. We went the short distance up the road and had a much better experience at the Choice Hotel property, a Comfort Inn. This IHG property needs some work in the furnishing department. I will say that the Front Office Manager, "Donna", was most accommodating, pleasant, and attentive. However, she is not the franchisee owner and as such, I am sure that all of these issues are beyond her control.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear tripprider,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am pleased to know that you found the Front Office Staff accommodating and pleasant.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your visit was a let down and fell below your expectations. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. With that being said, I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit to the area.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Lawrenceburg hotels

Scottsburg, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

You guys are impressing us. I believe this was our third stay at your facility. Our room has been great everytime! I'm a nurse and I check out all the bedding first thing. It passed with flying colors! The shower was great, nice hot water! My husband wanted hdtv but maybe next time. We will be back! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
joe l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Yvonne,

Thank you so much for the kind words and the review you gave us on our Holiday Inn Express. We are so glad that all of your visits to our hotel have been consistent every time. We are currently addressing the HDTV issues and plan to have that all taken care of real soon. As the general manager of this hotel, it makes me happy to know that your stay was great, that we passed with flying colors and the room was clean. Thanks for believing in us and we all look forward to having you back.

Holiday Inn Express - Lawrenceburg
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Usually stay at the Modern Inn. Wanted a change of atmosphere. Very nice room. Jacuzzi room with large fridge and microwave. Found 3 stinkbugs in room but that is all I can complain about. Breakfast was actually pretty good. Recommend. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $$$ and get the jacuzzi room. There are located at the ends of the hotel so the hal...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
joe l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Sepedigo,

Thanks for giving our hotel a go for your lodging needs. It is our great pleasure to share a great experience with our guest. Since you were a new guest to our hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to apologize for the little stink bugs who decided to visit during your stay. We have addressed this problem and should not have any other issues as they are gone.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly here at the hotel and we will be glad to assist you.

Joe L.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My first impression of the stay at the Lawrenceburg Holiday Inn actually started the night before arrival when I spoke with Elaine on the phone.
She helped me fix a mix up I did when booking on line.(thanks again).
The hotel is a well maintained older property.
The room was as others have said very clean and comfortable.
Very close to the Hollywood, hospital, shopping and fast food.
If using a Garmin the directions are will be wrong.
When you get close to town, re enter new search to find hotels and select the property there, it will take you to the hotel and not to the gas station a few miles away in the wrong direction.
Will stay again when in town.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travel46804
Dear Travel46804,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg. I am glad that we were able to win you back as a repeat guest in our hotel. I want to apologize for the directions that your GPS gave you to our hotel. We have been working the kinks out so that this does not happen again. I also want to say I am glad that your stay was pleasant and that Elaine was able to help you and to accommodate your needs. We look forward to your future arrivals and at anytime if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel.

Joe L.
Holiday Inn Express.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Whitewater Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg - Cincinnati? Share your experiences!