“Was there a train in the room?”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Reviewed 29 January 2013

On our way down to Gulf Shores we stopped as they gave us an excellent hotel rate and two free dinner buffets. The only real complaint I have is the TRAIN! It was located right next to the hotel! Twice during the night it seemed as though it was in our room when it went by. Room was quite far from casino. I think they give these rooms to the folks that get their excellent room deal. The buffet was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank superbarn
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel

Reviewed 19 January 2013

My son and I stayed here December 19, 2012. Although I've been to the casino many times, this is the first time I stayed overnight. I was very impressed. We arrived around 12 noon not expecting to check in but to have our bags watched until it was check in time. To my surprise the front desk stated that our room was ready and we could check in. The front desk was very friendly and check in was fast. Since my room was comped you have to put $50.00 down which was explained to me when I was making my reservation. I wasn't expecting much since the room was free but again I was suprised. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was nice but the vanity space was small and narrow. Nice flat screen tv and the beds were very comfortable. Included in our stay was the buffet. My son and I had filled up on snacks so although there was a good selection of food we didn't take full advantage. The walk to the casino is long but I used that to my advantage by only taking a limited amount of money with me to the casino and knowing there is a long walk back to the room kept me from losing a lot of money at one time. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Benita U
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed here in 2011 on our way East and received comps for this stay on Dec. 18, 2012. The location is a little off the beaten track (off the freeway) but the drive through the area is scenic. Plenty of parking close to the entrance. The hotel lobby is large and nicely decorated. Check in was fast and easy. It is an older building but they have done a nice job of upgrading. The room was comfortable and clean. I have to agree with other comments about the noisy hallways. We could hear people coming and going all night. Probably to and from the casino. The walk to the casino is quite long but it's all inside. The buffet was good. Not a huge selection, but certainly enough to choose from. We would recommend this hotel especially if you like to gamble.

Room Tip: Request a room closer to elevators if you want to reduce the walking to and from the casino.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The beds are the worst thing in this hotel. I woke up with the worst back ache ever. Hotel was clean but needs major updating. I know they want you to spend alot of time in the casino but they need to update rooms. Also, I heard every noise out in the hall during the night. If you are a light sleeper, do not stay here. Staff was friendly. Check in was quick.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed for two nights 28-30 November. Both nights were comped. It was our first stay at the hotel. We requested a king, non-smoking room and that is exactly what we recieved. Check-in was fast and easy, checked in around 3:00 and room was ready. The person at check-in asked if we would like to be near the elevator and we said that would be great. Ended up just two doors down from elevator - cut down the walk:). The room was clean and very comfortable. Did hear the trains a couple of times, but did not really bother us. The walk to the casino and restruants is not really that bad - it is also all covered. We ate at the buffet and the steak place and both had good food. While I have seen more selections at other buffets, there was enough variety. We will go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We stayed at Hollywood Casino Indiana December 1st and enjoyed our visit. The hotel lobby is beautiful and coffee is always available. The hotel parking was very convenient, parking lots on both side of the hotel. We found the room to be nice and very clean. The wall mounted flat screen TV was a nice detail. The room did not have a refrigerator or microwave but they were not expected in a casino hotel. The room did have the normal in room coffee maker. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and we had an excellent nights rest. The hotel elevators required your room key/card to operate. I am sure this was a security issue; it was explained to us at the check in desk and was no problem. The only negative was the long hallways to the room. Add that to the long walk to the casino and it is a work out for older people. I read about the train traffic in other reviews. I did see the train tracks directly outside our window but I did not hear any trains during our visit.
We left with casino money in our pockets. Normally we feel like a winner if we do not lose all the money we brought to gamble with. It was a great feeling walking out of the casino ahead.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alanc125
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed here on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Didn't get in until about 6PM due to our son having somes classes at college that day. Had requested a room on the North side facing the parking lot - the non-smoking were all sold out. Front desk lady was very nice and we atleast got the hall way away from the train tracks. Train did come through at about 11 or so, but the bad part was the people next door. They came in drunk and really loud at 3;26 AM banging doors and everything. This is not the hotels fault, but just wish people would be quiet since it was 3 in the morning!!! Beds are comfy, but did notice the smoke a lot more around the casino. Ate at the buffet - was free with comps but the buffet was not good. Pork looked good, but my son could not even cut it with his fork! Pizza and desserts were the only good thing. (hate to complain when free). Not sure I would eat there if I had to pay. A lot of other casinos have better buffets. Slots were tight in some areas - loose in others. You just have to be lucky!!!! All in all, we lost about $150 playing 3 hours and I consider that winning - I guess we did pay for the rooms and buffets - that is why they send out comps because they know that they get in all back in the end!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the North side parking lot to avoid train noise. Have been here many times and you can neve...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank buckeyeCookeville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
#5 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!