“Roomy rooms!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Cincinnati, OH
“Roomy rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a great place to rest up during a snowstorm! The room was clean, modern, spacious and safe. The only thing I would caution about is that the pillows are very thick. If you like a skimpy pillow, you better bring it with you. I did not notice any train or traffic noise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was not our first trip here and it was pretty much the same as in the past. Great room and hotel staff. We're not big spenders, but I sure hate paying full price (over $100 with tax) at any casino hotel. Everything appeared to be clean and well kept. I believe that the rooms had some kind of recent makeover. The only bad thing that we found was the shower head. Must have missed it during the redo. The casino was fine, but definitely not smoke free. If you are a non smoker like us, bring an extra bag to put your "casino clothes" in. That way you don't contaminate the rest of your wardrobe. Found the slots very tight. We planned to stay until checkout time the next morning, but took such a beating the night before that we ended up getting up early and heading up the road where we had much better luck. The buffet was just like we remembered it, not great. It has been a year and a half since our last stay and it still suffers from the same problems. Food quality and temperature. Thankfully we stayed on a buy one get one free night. I sure would have hated to pay over $40 for two dinners here. Come to think of it, $20 + for 2 may have been to much. Overall had a good time and would recommend it for a quick one night get away.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Fantastic Casino, Incompetent Front Desk.

Now when I say this, I want to say that the Valet was Perfect, the Bell Desk was Perfect, the Casino was incredible, but the Front Desk at the Hotel was somewhat clueless. Why?.... well my wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary this weekend. We reserved our room before our departure for the 1st night at $69. We intended to spend the rest of the weekend in Cincinnati at another hotel, but had such a good time at the casino that we called the front desk to negotiate another night, they quoted $199 but we settled on $129.

This second night was still incredible at the Casino, you win some, you lose some, but this Casino is as close to the atmosphere of Vegas that you are going to get in the Midwest. So, after spending time at the tables we were offered a 'comp'.... was hoping for another night (this would be our 3rd day/night spending our money at this Casino)... but the 'pitboss/ host' offered my wife our current night at a discount to $39... COOL!.... and then we were offered an additional night at $99... COOL!... the fella asked me if I wanted him to 'book-it' and I said "YES"... do it!

Now comes Saturday morning: Checkout is 11AM so I go down to the Front Desk to confirm that we have another night booked.... OR?... did we just get a discount on our current evening... or BOTH?.. (I am confirming because my wife was told $39 and I was told $99 so assume that one is for the current evening and the other for the next.)

Front desk person: "ANNIE" told me that NO, we weren't booked for another evening and that the discount was for last night and no other nights have been booked, also that checkout is 11AM and we are beyond that but that she will give us until 1PM....

WHOOPS!.... So I guess I misunderstood and thought we were getting another night at this fine Casino for a discounted price but got our previous night discounted with our Casino play.... OK.... so I tell the wife to get packed and it's time for us to go. We will head to another Casino in the Cincinnati area and enjoy our 25th Anniversary.

So now it's time to check out.... Valet "Jeremy" is PERFECT!... took care of my care, kept in under roof (in the garage) 'cause of the weather I didn't want it outside, Sarah did us perfect with our luggage... loading it up and taking it to our car, AND loading our car for us... I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EXCELLENT SERVICE... these folks were great.

BUT!!!! Upon checkout... "ANNIE" apparently forgot who I was, didn't remember the conversation an hour ago. I am thinking that my second night was $39 or $99 or something less that the Casino 'comp' was giving us. And a little disappointed that we were not staying a 3rd night playing at their Casino but it is what it is........

Now,,,, ANNIE tells us that they DID give us a discount to $69 on the first night.... BLAH, BLAH... NOT!!! We reserved that before our departure from our home city. Then after telling her this she said that 'she was mistaken'... the discount was on the 2nd night that the Casino did for us to get it down to $129....... NOT!!!! We negotiated that price with reservations earlier that day without any casino help. We wanted to stay another day and agreed upon a price before we checked out the 1st day........

And then I am told by ANNIE that the Casino DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO COMP ROOMS.... or discount anything. WHAT?.... The folks behind the tables DID have to make calls, confirm, talk to hotel 'hosts',, and then came to us with their offers... we graciously accepted.

WOW, what a surprise when we checked out that none of our gameplay worked out for the Hotel.... OR that the hotel had no idea what we were talking about COMPS or that the Casino doesn't do that. NOW, in fairness,,, I want to say the ANNIE was very nice, not rude,,,, just un-knowledgeable when it comes to Casino comps and then told us things that were simply not true. Also, Front Desk 'KAITLYN' was very helpful and at least honest, when we asked for a Suite upon check-in she was sweet and nice ,,, but then gave us a standard room (it never hurts to ask). But she didn't lie,,, she just did her job as she should. "JEREMY' took care of our car in Valet in a most Excellent manner... even wiped it down before delivering it to us... and kept is warm (as it was cold outside)... "SARAH" loaded up all of our luggage and we couldn't be more happy!... All in all it was a GREAT 25th Anniversary for me and the wife. The Casino is FANTASTIC!... We had a lot of fun.... We spent lots of money ,,, but.... on your 25th Anniversary you should do the same. Let your wife spend as much as she wants......... after all, she put up with you for 25 years!... and vice versa.

So, I hope that this review is helpful. We travel a lot, stay in a lot of Hotels,,, we truly enjoy life. I don't write reviews much on Trip Advisor but I rely on it a lot to the destinations that I am going to.

Best to everyone, Hope that everyone including all those at the Hollywood Casino have a FANTASTIC Holliday..........!!

FROM MY WIFE: We did leave early expecting another night free which we were told would be ready for us down stairs (in the Hotel) (the Casino is upstairs) which was not... That was a bit upsetting. I guess according to the front desk the pit bosses or the host at tables have no control over the room stay so if you want to spend money at this casino and they tell you that you have a room for you my best advise to you is check before you go back into your room.. Hotel had a wonderful staff ... just not knowledgeable...

BACK TO ME: As you can see she is not happy. But overall we had a wonderful 25th..... Have a Great Holliday!

Room Tip: Our room was #404.... Don't know about the others in this hotel, but it seemed like everytime s...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TripAdvsrTraveler423
Dayton, Ohio, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel service desk was very polite, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and casino to anyone looking for a great time. The casino buffet was excellent. The dealers at the casino were very friendly and all types of gaming was available. The hotel gave me valet parking which was very convenient for my trip. My Nephew who came with me was also impressed with the services at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were a bit worried about staying at Hollywood Casino Hotel after booking our room over the phone. The person on the other end was border-line rude and couldn't tell us what kind of room we would have (king bed, double beds, suite, etc.) or whether it would be smoking or non-smoking. She couldn't even give us a solid price. But we had planned this stay for months and didn't want to switch hotels. I'm glad we didn't. Our worries were laid to rest as soon as we walked in. The person who checked us in was friendly and courteous. The lobby was clean and spacious with a coffee bar and plenty of couches and TVs. We got our room quickly and it was what we wanted at the price we expected to pay. The room was very clean and well furnished (desk with chair, comfy chair with ottoman, dresser and coat closet). The beds were comfortable and loaded with pillows. The bathroom had all the amenities you would expect and was extremely clean. Despite our initial dealings with the hotel, everyone else we came into contact with on the staff made sure to greet us with a warm smile. From the maids to the maintenance folks. Nice touch. The hotel has an easy access to the casino and you can be at the tables in less than five minutes after leaving your room. It seemed like a gamble at first, but we feel we hit the jackpot with our stay at the Hollywood Casino Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, it was very quiet with little traffic. The hallways are long and you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was great. We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet and easy to sleep in. It is a long walk to the Casino from the hotel. The valet parking attendants do a great job. Keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed a the Hollywood Casino otel twice in the past 6 months, most recently in early November. Both times I had received comped room offers in which surprised me as I do not gamble that much. Both times I was on the 2nd floor facing the railroad tracks. I knew this as the front desk told me about the train. I anticipated this and found it to be a trip down memory lane as I had grown up visiting cousins that lived near the railroad....I actually enjoyed the train however can see how some would be quite disturbed.....it was only once during the each night I stayed, not all night as some report!

On to the room, it was nicely furnished, very comfortable bed and pillows, it cooled nicely in the summer and I even had the AC on during my fall stay as I like the room cold. Bathroom was average size for a hotel and had nice Bath and Body Works products, a good hair dryer, nice towels and good water pressure. You could hear your neighbors though in the bathroom so I suggest closing the door at night.

The casino was fun, slots were about like they are anywhere, I did get good play and walked out winning on 1000.00 on a penny slot my last morning of the 2nd time I stayed there. It is a walk from the hotel, and could be an issue if you are not used to walking. Soft drinks are free at self service stations through out the casino. Alcoholic drinks are average price compared to restaurants in the area.

I will stay again on comped offer when in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank teachrsue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
BEST WESTERN Inn Florence
#3 of 26 in Florence
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!