“always clean rooms but . . .”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stay at Hollywood frequently (comped rooms) We stayed there last night and found the room VERY clean and decorated tastefully as always. The beds are so solid and comfortable. The carpet in the hallway, especially near the elevator bank, (3rd floor) was very dirty. It should be carpeted on a regular basis. While I'm here I would like to say the staff are very friendly and welcoming. I like the coffee and tea bar in the lobby, where it is always clean and neat.

Room Tip: We were in 314 and it was very clean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Room was clean and spacious. WiFi was excellent. We had the buffet for dinner and it was one of the better buffets we've been to. Parking was a bit cumbersome. Staff was all very friendly and very welcoming. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Heaven help you if Roseanne checks you in. I have never experienced that combination of unhelpfulness and callousness before in someone that works for customer relations, until I tried to check in to the Hollywood Casino Hotel on the evening of the 4th of July. First, she ran my card after I told her I wanted to pay cash, then she said there was nothing she could do about it. This was AFTER I had told her when I called her a few hours prior to make the reservation that I wanted to pay cash for the room, and again, when I first got there. It wasn't even a matter of being swamped: I was the only guest checking in at the time.

After her manager had to take over and rectify the situation, she just rolled her eyes at the manager and I from behind Misty's back.

After forty minutes of waiting, I was finally given my room card. This may not seem like much, but it meant that by the time I had stowed my luggage, showered and changed, I had missed the fireworks, which was a big reason I chose this casino/hotel combination.

There was no minifridge in my room, although the valet assured me that he would ask front desk and arrange to have one brought up. Of course, that was out of the question as Miss I-Have-More-Important-Things-To-Do-Than-Help-Guests was still manning it...

More troubling, the room had no mini safe.

For a casino hotel room, this isn't a luxury, but a necessity.

The hotel is quite a hike from the casino, but once out of the utilitarian hallway of the hotel, it was pretty stocked with ambiance. If you go, pause in the rotunda and look up. The wrought iron and stained glass is beautiful, and the casino walkway is expansive, tasteful.

The gaming itself.. pretty average. A sorta Schrödinger's cat: they were tight and/or loose, but a fun night, after I got the taste of bad customer service out of my mouth.

Will I come back? Hard to say, there are a lot of casinos in the area. This was my first recon to the area to find the perfect casino/hotel for my sister and I to stay at while visiting my son. With some personnel reassignments and a wall safe for hotel guests, it would be perfect because there is so much to do in Lawrenceburg and surrounding areas.

The room itself: comfortable, average, clean.

Room Tip: No room safe, so prepare accordingly. Be prepared to walk a long distance to get to the casino.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank p2mflashpm
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and this time I noticed that all the carpeting in the halls and elevators was filthy. Also, this time we had to go in search of an ice machine on another floor. The one on our floor was broke. When we arrived, after 4pm, we had to wait in the lobby for an hour before our room was ready. It's still a long walk to the casino. They still don't have coffee makers in the rooms. You have to go to the lobby . Take the tray from your room that the ice bucket sits on. Makes it easy to transport multiple cups of coffee back to your room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelD533
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great trip and would recommend to anyone if you like a variety of table play and a ton of slot machine options.

Hotel room itself was nice, clean. Bed comfy, lots of pillows. Would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. Carpet in the hallway is in rough shape and the hallway was always steamy. Inside the room nice.

Will give you a pass to Anytime Fitness to work out 24 hours a day.it is located about 8 minutes away next to Walmart. Good option for those who need to work out. Also a nice walk way along the Ohio River.

Casino is huge and dealers very nice. We look forward to coming back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kermo75
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been to the Hollywood Casino Hotel many times and it is one of the best. The rooms are clean and supplied well and the staff very friendly and helpful. There are several good eating places and a walk along the river and in town is great.

Room Tip: The rooms are assigned but we usually try for the first floor to avoid noise from any late gamblers...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed there a couple days ago. No pool, no hot tub, no continental breakfast , train tracks about 75 feet from hotel. Two trains in the middle of the night sounded like they were coming through the room. Hallway carpet was filthy and the elevator floor didn't look like it has been moped in days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rex G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Best Western Plus Whitewater Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!