“Loud, Gaudy and Rude”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dockside riverboat casino offers up more than 74,000 square feet of casino gaming including 2,000 slots and 97 table games.
Frederick
352 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 400 helpful votes
“Loud, Gaudy and Rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We visited here over a month ago specifically to see one of our country favorites, Dwight Yoakam in concert and spent the whole weekend coming and going and it was not worth it, much less the expense. Mr. Yoakam didn't take the stage untile 35 minutes late without any comment or explanation and the seats, despite the diagram showing seating in tiers (priced accordingly) were jammed together all on the same floor level. I was not happy about this; I take a lot of care in choosing concert seats. I had driven for over 81/2 hours in horrendous traffic, including two major highway stops for no reason, and was very stiff and sore by the time we found the casino property and made our way all the way to the top level where the concert room was. We paid the ridiculous $8 for a dixie cup of wine and $7 for a bottle of domestic beer just to try to relax a little. I was too sore to sit in their seat and be jostled by the man's elbow in my side so I tried to stand against the wall and enjoy some of the evening. I was approached by one, then another stern woman who yelled at me "no pictures" and "go sit down" over the loud music and generally treated me like a stupid, misbehaving little child. Dwight was not great that night and with the overpriced drinks, cramped seating arrangement and terrible traffic delays around there, this was totally not worth it. There are plenty of folks who hang around casinos all night for whatever reason, but I am not a fan of the blasting music, loud slots clanging constantly, and unnecessarily long lines outside every food venue and bar. They can have it!

3 Thank travelkitty50

Louisville, Kentucky
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Hollywood works hard to keep your business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The casino is very large, even though there is smoking allowed the air system vents out most of the secondhand smoke. I'll be glad when they are all smoke free. The dealers are very friendly and helpful. They have a very large amount of slots and a wide range of dollar denominations as well. The drink stations are available as well as waitresses. The buffet is large and well staffed as well as the other food sites. It is a very clean facility and helpful staff

1 Thank Dennis L
“Very fun with more to do than just gamble.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

It has a new bar and grill that just opened called Hops House 99 that has great food and 99 different types of beer. As a person that grew up in the 70's and 80's, I love the nightclub there named Boogie Nights. It is a very fun dance club for people of all ages with music from that era.

Noblesville, Indiana
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Too smokey for me!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Beautiful building but dang, the smoke was TERRIBLE! I know, I know it comes with the territory but it was just too much! The lower level was non smoking but the gaming was limited.

2 Thank misssarahg
West Harrison, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“If you are here for any other reason and don't smoke, stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This establishment should have a separate entrance and elevator so you don't have to walk through the horrible smoke-filled casino to get to an event at the ballroom or elsewhere.. Every time I want to attend a dinner or luncheon for the Chamber of Commerce I dread it, because the only access is through the casino. By the time I get to the ballroom, I'm coughing up a lung since I am horribly allergic to second-hand smoke. I will not attend another event here, ever.

Visited October 2013