“family” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 61 Restaurants in Lawrenceburg
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrison, Ohio
“family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

this restaurant has been around cincinnati my whole life, its an inexpensive, sit down restaurant. great food, wonderful deserts. you can order take out. great service. A cincinnati favorite..,

Visited June 2012
1 Thank kimeann66

Dillsboro, Indiana
“Great, friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Great for people of all ages! Fast service even when the place is packed!

1 Thank Beth R
Columbus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moldy Bread”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

A group of us attending a training session in Lawrenceburg, Indiana decided to go to Big Boy for lunch. We were seated and drinks and food ordered. 3 of us ordered Salad Bar with our meals. We were not given silverware to eat the salads. I had to get up and get utensils for our group.
Our food arrived. 3 out of the 7 of us ordered Open-faced Sandwiches. On 2 of the meals, there was obvious mold spots on the bread. The 3rd one was not obvious but she did not have the heart or appetite to try it. So we all changed our orders to the Salad Bar and Drink. The whole table was kind-of grossed out.
The waitress, Gina, was very gracious and accommodating.
We got up to pay at the end of our meal. The manager was at the check-out desk. One of our party asked whether it was mentioned to him that our bread was moldy. He said yes; did not express an apology or anything. I said that I was surprised that it is not policy to comp the meals when something like this happens. He just stared at me and did not answer.
I have never eated at a Big Boy before and I know that it will be a very long time before I think about trying it again.

1 Thank badpenguin
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“There is nothing better...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2008

There is nothing better that a buddy boy with extra tartar sauce, with a side of fries and tartar sauce for dipping. Try the shakes. They're expensive but great.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always crowded, which is...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2007

Always crowded, which is a good sign, but I just didn't find the service to be that good when I was there.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook