“Very Good Place”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The food was quite good, and all the family enjoyed it. There's something for everyone. My family didn't care for the peanut slaw, but I ate all theirs!

The atmosphere was nice and the place had a lot of character.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

A brief overnight trip to the area had me looking for something local and something good. I found both in Whiskey's. Having discovered this place on TripAdvisor it was easy to locate and had ample parking. I could tell before entering that I would enjoy the atmosphere. The service was punctual and friendly and we did not wait long to receive our food. The ribs were recommended by another reviewer and as well by our waitress. They were not disappointing! I am from TN and I am somewhat of a BBQ lover and these definitely stacked up. The sauce is sweet, mind you, and it was smothered quite heavily on the ribs. Next time I might ask for the sauce on the side--better to taste the smoke, in my opinion. Two other interesting items that I ordered were the peanut cole slaw, which was very good assuming you like peanuts and...cole slaw, and the smoked potato. The smoked potato is essentially a baked potato with a slight (very slight) hickory flavor. It wasn't that noticeable, but it was still an interesting idea. The food and atmosphere would have drawn me here again on their own merits, but the service and friendliness sealed the deal. This is a great place and one I would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Location seems hard to find a first but once you find it the restaurant is very welcoming. The building is apparently an old home that has been renovated to accommodate a restaurant. There are many rooms inside that seat various numbers of customers. Our server was Nicole. She was prompt and informative. We had various entrees with not a compliant about any. The ribs were the best we have had, truly fall off the bone and delicious. The peanut coleslaw is definitely something to try. I personally loved it. For the quality and amount of food you receive Whisky's is a good value. We liked this place so much that we went back the next day with a number of friends. Definitely worth stopping at if you are in the area.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The food and atmosphere was terrific. The peanut slaw is awesome, you need to try it. The service is excellent, I really enjoyed my dinner.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Food was greasy and not throughly cooked. Didnt even receive complete order. Complained to both wait staff and manager. Received gruff apology not an offer to replace anything
, and a $5 off coupon for "NEXT VISIT" ARE YOU KIDDING??? THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER VISIT.

2  Thank Lisa F