“Best ribs I have ever had!”

Whisky's Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Lawrenceburg
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The ribs are fantastic, the sweet potato delicious and the peanut coleslaw is great. Best ribs in the tristate!

2  Thank Gary S
There are newer reviews for Whisky's Family Restaurant

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We started with 4 people, went up to 9 and finished up with 12. The staff kept adding the table and chairs needed, and were very helpful. Staying 3 nights in the area we actually went back for a 2nd time. The Scallops were delicious, the Crab and Lobster pasta was wonderful, and the Artichoke dip was so good you could have licked it right out of the dish to get every bite. We all enjoyed our food and finished it off with Chocolate covered cheesecake with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. Well worth every calorie!

1  Thank sftbalcoach23
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband is From Here. He was brought up in Rising Sun, Indiana, and although he's lived in NY for fifty years, we get back here from time to time.

I am the Fancy New York Woman. I look about me, puzzled, mostly. But I like this joint, Whisky's. There's a thing they do called peanut cole slaw. It's rather sweet slaw with a ton of chopped peanuts over top. Sort of a dessert vegetable course to be honest (I don't do much sweet at home). But it is addictive. Tip: eat it slowly, or you won't have room for dinner. They bring it before your entree.

They do fried tomatoes. Not fried GREEN tomatoes, fried tomatoes. With a sort of honey-mustard-sumthing sumthin dip. On bread with caraway seeds. To this resident of the Northeast, this is impossibly weird. Except it's really good. Trust me (I totally shouldn't be eating all these carbs...)

I had a smoked (wood-planked? maybe--tasted like it) salmon with some nicely cooked stir-fried veggies presented on top of a rice pilaf (which I tried NOT to inhale). The salmon was lovely. It was, by NY standards, a bit overcooked, but not by out-here standards. And it was intensely tasty by anyone's standards. Ken had a ribs and shrimp special that I got a few forkfuls of: tasty, also.

Wine was poured with a generous hand. The place, near the big distillery for which it's named, is a dark 'n' cozy hideaway. I loved it. Was it perfect NY area din-din? Not even close. Was it well-prepared, perfectly presented, etc, etc? Yuppers. I'll be back.

1  Thank chrispygal
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Have eaten here many times with family to celebrate special occasions. The ribs are excellent! Be sure to try the peanut slaw! Recommend you have reservations!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The award-winning ribs were excellent ! The pea nutty slaw was the best I've had. Waitress was attentive. We split a cheesecake with raspberries that was the perfect ending to our meal in this historic building.