“DISGUSTING !”

Econo Lodge Lebanon
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am in room 119 of this hotel as I type. Why am I reviewing a room at 1:30 AM when I stopped to sleep ??? Because the room is so filthy that there is no possible way I could sleep in here ! The first thing I noticed is that the entry light switches were dirty, then I turned on the main lights in the room and I was horrified. In addition to the dust that is everywhere, I turned down the spread and the blanket was beyond filthy, the pillow slips were stained, as well. I threw them on the floor and went to take the blanket and pillows from the other bed...it was exactly the same. Then I went to turn on the TV...it was not only covered in dirt and fingerprints, it was sticky ~ugh~ , went to use the room phone to call the front desk...it was just as nasty as the remote. Looked for the Econolodge guest book for the hotel's phone number...not only was the booklet dirty and torn, but the holder in which it rested literally has about an inch of dirt in it. Pulled out the nightstand in order to plug in my laptop to contact Choice Hotels, I wish, wish, w, I could get a good picture of what I found, but the room is too dark. Next, I sat down on the bed that was stripped of the blanket and spread...I wish I hadn't !!!!! There are little black specks all over the sheets and pillow slips, and a long black hair on the underside of one of the pillows. I won't even go into the bathroom for fear of contracting a disease....SERIOUSLY ! The microwave and fridge are dirty, The chair seats are stained.....this is, without a doubt, the nastiest hotel in which I have ever had the displeasure of staying. I am trying to think of one positive thing I can say about this hotel, and the only thing I can say is that the heater works wonderfully. My Amish traveling companion just called to ask, "Is your room as disgusting as this one?" Obviously, the cleanliness issue is not an isolated one ! I contacted Choice Hotels...they are going to refund our money. The refund won't be fair reimbursement for sleep deprivation, but at least we won't be paying to stay in this nasty place. I can barely wait for sunrise so we can get out of here ! UGHHHH...I just went to the dressing area for a tissue....the coffee maker is splattered with toothpaste !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cay E

Reviewed 5 November 2013

On a 22-day road trip, and after 13 hours of driving (going from Charlotte to Chicago), we needed a place to lay our heads and this was the only place available. Certainly not the best kept place we had stayed in, but it was a place to sleep. What more can I say? The free breakfast the next morning was made up of a few store-packed pastries and muffins and some bananas. We opted for the pancake place next door - which was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were driving to Chicago and wanted to stop in Lafayette to visit the Tippicanoe Battlefield the next day. Although Lebanon was not as close as Lafayette, we got an excellent room rate. For just the one night, Lafayette was way too expensive. The room was clean, the decor was good, bathrooms were clean, we enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. The only thing not quite up to snuff was lumpy pillows. Otherwise, this was a great stay and would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed one night, checked in late. The girl at the front desk was super nice, but the room was not nice. First we got a "smoking" room by accident and that smelled like an ash tray. But I went back to front desk and was given correct key. The room smelled old and musty, towels smelled clean but they were not white, more like a light yellow. The AC never got cold. Bed was bad, you could feel the springs in your back. I was glad to check out in the early am.

Room Tip: Check the AC. It never gets cold.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 August 2013

It was one of the best stays ever! Very friendly! The room was AC very welcoming. The free wifi and 40 channels with hbo was amazing and something not alot of other hotels have especially at the price i got the room either! Definitely going back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Phil A
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The adage you get what you pay for could not be truer in this case. I don't expect a lot from a budget hotel. However, basic cleanliness is non-negotiable. The bathroom was not clean enough. To be fair, the mattress was excellent. However, the lack of attentive cleaning left that lingering worry that no one wants before closing their eyes to attempt to sleep. Also, the indoor HVAC unit sounded as if it were on life support and demanding someone end its long term suffering. If you have other options I would take them. Pay the extra $20 or 30 and don't feel it's money wasted.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express Lebanon
#8 of 9 in Crawfordsville
Motel 6 Lebanon
Motel 6 Lebanon
#4 of 5 in Lebanon

Been to Econo Lodge Lebanon? Share your experiences!