“HORRIBLE!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Logansport
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I had a horrible stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Logansport, IN. My family and I stayed in the hotel and we were stuck next to obnoxiously loud people who were drinking beer, cursing and running up and down the hall way.When I called the front desk they just brushed it off and said they would speak to the loud people. They were still loud and I called the front desk numerous times after that, they never did anything about it. Staff at this location are TERRIBLY LAZY!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank E B
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for leaving us some feedback. From your post information I see that you stayed in back in September. I wish you would have shared your experience sooner so the issue could have been addressed right away. Now that it is nearly four months later we can only speculate on what happened and the cause. Since your stay in September there have been several staffing changes and retraining efforts and your next stay should be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I, along with several other family members, stayed here while in town for a family reunion. We could not have asked for better accommodations - the rooms and common areas were clean and updated, the staff was friendly, the breakfast bar was more than adequate, and a couple of minor issues that we had were resolved in a friendly and professional manner. I would definitely stay here again and, in fact, are planning our next trip (we have two adorable grandchildren that live in town, so we'll be back frequently).

Room Tip: go for the third floor if possible, and it's worth an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NanaCof3
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon and and work on those minor issues.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This Holiday Inn express was everything I wanted it to be. Clean, quiet, comfortable, welcoming. Even the breakfast was better than most other HI Express properties. The staff operating this property are some of the nicest I've ever run into.

They say with real estate, location is everything. This property is located very conveniently if you happen to be coming from the East as it is practically the first thing you come to in Logansport as you pass into the city limits on Logansport Road (arriving from Peru). However, the area has really hit some hard times. The shopping mall across the road was shut down. Several restaurants along the road were also shut down. I stayed a week and had trouble finding a different, decent place to eat each night.

When I had to return, a few weeks later, I stayed in Wabash, about 25 miles to the East. While that property wasn't as nice, I had no trouble finding good places to eat.

In summary, this is a great property, run by terrific and generous people, in a very distressed community hit hard by the recession.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank copperdragon66
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback. We appreciate your kind words about the staff. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your staff and hope to see you come back soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Staff were helpful and professional. The property was clean and attractive. Hallways showed signs of solid construction; decent insulation in walls. Convenient location for walking to several restaurants and other businesses. The internet connection worked well with my newest Windows computer (but not my older one).

Breakfast was well supplied with fresh ingredients; very complete: scrambled eggs and much more.

Beds were comfortable - - something I'm picky about; Design of room heating and A/C controls were a pain; Noisy fan that, regardless of settings, cycles on and off making it hard to get to sleep and waking me up during the night.

Has a swimming pool but no Hot Tub.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have a more varied view; South facing rooms view nice trees that block all s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LittleBunnyFufu
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the reservation history and see if I can determine which room you were in so we can investigate the noisy ac fan.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just read the previous review and laughed a little at the "plastic smell" of the lobby comment. The hotel staff must have read this and taken it to heart because the first thing we encountered was a strong perfume smell in the lobby.

We stayed at HIE while in Logansport for a wedding and had a nice stay. The hotel was easy to find and in a good location close to a lot of restaurants and shops and not far from downtown.

Pros: The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. Our room was nice, clean and odor-free (though some of the others we stayed with had awful cigarette stench in their non-smoking rooms). The bed was comfy and linens were clean and decent quality. Bathroom was clean, plenty of towels and good water pressure. A nice touch was DirecTV in the rooms and free WiFi with a good signal.

Cons: The temperature control in the room was a little frustrating. The wall unit went either full blast or off, so we fluctuated from freezing to sweating all night, which made for somewhat restless sleep. One thing I didn't notice that I'm accustomed to in hotel rooms was a safe. We had to take things like the iPad with us each time we left since there wasn't anywhere secure to leave them in the room.

I didn't come to Logansport, IN expecting luxury accommodations and I wasn't disappointed with what we got for the price. If we returned to Logansport, we'd likely stay at HIE again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank grateful_travels
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we do appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Unfortunately, my first impression of this property was a symphony of odors, none of them good. From the plastic smell of the lobby to the musty carpeting and smokey hallways, this one aspect of our stay overwhelmed what good points there were. Our first room reeked of cigarette smoke and the one to which we transferred, though much better, still had detectable smoke smell in corners and around furniture.

Pros: well-appointed rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff.

Cons: the aforementioned odors, small pool (no spa), weak and spotty wireless Internet, noisy location.

Room Tip: Inspect it, first!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased the staff was friendly and you enjoyed breakfast and I apologize about the smoke. We are a 100% smoke free hotel but obviously that does not stop some people from abiding to our policy or even the state law. We do fine the offenders with a hefty fee and then deep clean the rooms.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed on Memorial Day weekend as we were playing in a softball tournament in Peru, IN. Place was very nice and clean. We stayed on the second floor and one downfall was there wasn't an ice machine on that floor. We had to go to the third floor or first floor for ice. Not sure where the ice machine went on the second floor but wasn't a big deal. Breakfast didn't start until 7:00am but when we arrived we were suprised to find only one other person there. All the breakfast trays were full and hot! They had everything you would want except for bacon and sausage. They served scramble eggs and I like either of those to compliment the meal. Again, no biggie...never went to the pool...Check in and check out went very smooth and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the backside of the hotel that faces the woods...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DeadOn
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Logansport
Quality Inn Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
Super 8 Logansport
Super 8 Logansport
#2 of 5 in Logansport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport? Share your experiences!