“Bed Bug Infestation!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Logansport
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My daughter, myself and my two grandchildren stayed at this hotel April 11-13, 2014. we were put in a handicap room(had no problem with that) but it was dirty and smelled awful...one of the beds was propped up on pieces of 2x4 wood....not very safe for anyone. the shower had mold all around the outer edges.
The worst part was, we all awoke with bites on our bodies that itched....we checked pictures of bug bites and these were bed bug bites.
We alerted the managers and they argued saying they didn't have bed bugs and were very rude, the day manager actually laughed and called us liars...we even showed him the bites.
We then called the health dept. and reported it.
This hotel appeared to be so nice from the outside...but beware of the bed bugs they harbor.
Very unprofessional behavior by the manager on days...he was very rude and nasty!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Tannice L
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. I was unaware that you were upset about being put in a handicap room as that is the room type you reserved. This is also the first I am hearing of the room smelling and a broken bed frame. I will have these items checked.

Your adult daughter checked in on Friday and reported Saturday morning that her daughter was bitten by something. The manager on duty then investigated and found no signs of bugs and ended up giving your daughter a very large discount on the room. You choose to stay in the room for 3 nights so the bugs must not have been so bad or not there at all?! If it were bed bugs most people would have demanded to not be charged and left instead of staying 2 more nights.

I must say I am a little appalled by your inaccurate statements. I never once spoke to you. I did not see you until right before your family left and I was unaware you even stayed overnight in the room as it was reserved by your adult daughter. Me not discussing the matter with you at any point on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday makes it categorically impossible for me to laugh in your face and call you a liar. I was made aware of the situation on Saturday and the hotel thought everything was resolved as you stayed for 3 nights.

Monday morning I walk in and your daughter is waiting at the door for me and starts yelling at me about bed bugs. I asked her to describe the situation. After hearing what she said my reply was that it did not sound like bed bugs to me but I would need to check the room to be sure. I was never rude with he I only kept saying that I did not think it was bed bugs and I needed to check the room. Once I was able to leave your daughter I went to the room and found no signs of bugs which seemed to make her unhappy. She then threatened to call the health department, so I encouraged her to and said that we would cooperate with them.

When the health department arrived they asked to see rooms. They searched several rooms and found nothing. You, your daughter, and her children even stood there in the room when they searched the room you stayed in and two health department officials told you that there were no bugs in that room nor any of the other rooms. I do not understand why you would make such a post when two people who are professionally trained and make their living in environmental services tell you that there are no bed bugs. Pictures on the internet of bug bites are not a proper way to diagnose anything.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

On a short road trip to visit my family in Logansport, we had to call it a night after weather and our rental car decided to camp us out in Logansport instead of driving back to Chicago. When we arrived around 10 pm, the staff was super friendly, attentive, and helpful. They went out of their way to get us small bathroom amenities because we had none with us. The room was very clean, as was the rest of the property. Breakfast in the morning was hot and more than we expected. Thanks for a nice stay! Would definitely stay again, and probably will this summer for my brother's wedding!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thanks for the review. We are please you enjoyed your stay. Your comments painfully remind me how bad this winter has been. We can't wait for the snow to meet. See you in the summer when you return.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I had a horrible stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Logansport, IN. My family and I stayed in the hotel and we were stuck next to obnoxiously loud people who were drinking beer, cursing and running up and down the hall way.When I called the front desk they just brushed it off and said they would speak to the loud people. They were still loud and I called the front desk numerous times after that, they never did anything about it. Staff at this location are TERRIBLY LAZY!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank E B
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for leaving us some feedback. From your post information I see that you stayed in back in September. I wish you would have shared your experience sooner so the issue could have been addressed right away. Now that it is nearly four months later we can only speculate on what happened and the cause. Since your stay in September there have been several staffing changes and retraining efforts and your next stay should be more enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I, along with several other family members, stayed here while in town for a family reunion. We could not have asked for better accommodations - the rooms and common areas were clean and updated, the staff was friendly, the breakfast bar was more than adequate, and a couple of minor issues that we had were resolved in a friendly and professional manner. I would definitely stay here again and, in fact, are planning our next trip (we have two adorable grandchildren that live in town, so we'll be back frequently).

Room Tip: go for the third floor if possible, and it's worth an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NanaCof3
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon and and work on those minor issues.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This Holiday Inn express was everything I wanted it to be. Clean, quiet, comfortable, welcoming. Even the breakfast was better than most other HI Express properties. The staff operating this property are some of the nicest I've ever run into.

They say with real estate, location is everything. This property is located very conveniently if you happen to be coming from the East as it is practically the first thing you come to in Logansport as you pass into the city limits on Logansport Road (arriving from Peru). However, the area has really hit some hard times. The shopping mall across the road was shut down. Several restaurants along the road were also shut down. I stayed a week and had trouble finding a different, decent place to eat each night.

When I had to return, a few weeks later, I stayed in Wabash, about 25 miles to the East. While that property wasn't as nice, I had no trouble finding good places to eat.

In summary, this is a great property, run by terrific and generous people, in a very distressed community hit hard by the recession.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank copperdragon66
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback. We appreciate your kind words about the staff. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your staff and hope to see you come back soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Staff were helpful and professional. The property was clean and attractive. Hallways showed signs of solid construction; decent insulation in walls. Convenient location for walking to several restaurants and other businesses. The internet connection worked well with my newest Windows computer (but not my older one).

Breakfast was well supplied with fresh ingredients; very complete: scrambled eggs and much more.

Beds were comfortable - - something I'm picky about; Design of room heating and A/C controls were a pain; Noisy fan that, regardless of settings, cycles on and off making it hard to get to sleep and waking me up during the night.

Has a swimming pool but no Hot Tub.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have a more varied view; South facing rooms view nice trees that block all s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LittleBunnyFufu
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will look into the reservation history and see if I can determine which room you were in so we can investigate the noisy ac fan.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I just read the previous review and laughed a little at the "plastic smell" of the lobby comment. The hotel staff must have read this and taken it to heart because the first thing we encountered was a strong perfume smell in the lobby.

We stayed at HIE while in Logansport for a wedding and had a nice stay. The hotel was easy to find and in a good location close to a lot of restaurants and shops and not far from downtown.

Pros: The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. Our room was nice, clean and odor-free (though some of the others we stayed with had awful cigarette stench in their non-smoking rooms). The bed was comfy and linens were clean and decent quality. Bathroom was clean, plenty of towels and good water pressure. A nice touch was DirecTV in the rooms and free WiFi with a good signal.

Cons: The temperature control in the room was a little frustrating. The wall unit went either full blast or off, so we fluctuated from freezing to sweating all night, which made for somewhat restless sleep. One thing I didn't notice that I'm accustomed to in hotel rooms was a safe. We had to take things like the iPad with us each time we left since there wasn't anywhere secure to leave them in the room.

I didn't come to Logansport, IN expecting luxury accommodations and I wasn't disappointed with what we got for the price. If we returned to Logansport, we'd likely stay at HIE again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank grateful_travels
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we do appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Logansport
Quality Inn Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
Super 8 Logansport
Super 8 Logansport
#2 of 5 in Logansport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport? Share your experiences!