“Starting to Slide”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Logansport
Perrysburg, Ohio
“Starting to Slide”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I typically stay here for business and the property is starting to show signs of wear. During my last stay, my room had been smoked in and there were burns on the carpet. One of my pet peaves is a air conditioning unit that will not consistenly stay on. I like the white noise they provide and the units in this hotel constantly turn on and off. I was traveling with others from my company and one them had similar problems. Additionally, the TV did not work and neither did the phone. During our entire visit, the WIFI was very spotty.

The staff is great and they are doing the best they can; however, some TLC needs to be invested quickly or this place will go downhill.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback on the website, after you departed. However, I wish you would have mentioned the issues while you were staying in the hotel so we could have had an opportunity to correct them for you.

The heating and cooling units are on a thermostat so once they reach the desired temperature they do turn off. It's the same concept as a home heating and cooling system. The only way around this if want it to stay on continuously is to set the temperature either really hot or cold but then it's a waste of energy to have the fan constantly on.

I apologize for the smoke smell in your room. The hotel is nonsmoking and there is a state law dealing with smoking in public areas but unfortunately some people choose to ignore this. When we find someone to have smoked in a room we do charge them a $250 fee and then deep clean the room but it does linger sometimes. It's amazing that some people would take the risk of paying an additional $250 instead of stepping outdoors.

I have checked the front desk and maintenance logs for the time frame of your stay and I do not see any entries on TV's not working. I do see some communication about changing remote batteries and TV's being set to the wrong input but nothing about the service or TV not working.

The internet can be temperamental at times. Sometimes when other guests use up too much of the bandwidth it takes away the functionality for other guests. I have also found it pretty common that a lot of people that stay here try to connect to a static IP (usually their work or home IP) instead of having it setup to automatic. We do have some equipment, service, and support upgrades planned for September which should help on this matter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is new and clean. We arrived very late check was fast with no issues. The room was clean, large and no issues with WIFI sevice provided by HIE. Further it is quite around the hotel so you are not kept up at night by strange noises. Breakfast is provided and the food area was very clean, the food was hot and well stocked. This is a good hotel to stay if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We appreciate the review and feedback. It makes us very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We do work very hard around here to keep the facility and staff moving in the right direction.
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was a very nice place to stay at indoor pool , breakfast every morning staff went out of there way to accommodate close to stores and diners on the Main Street easy to find very clean hotel grounds well kept

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience here. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My daughter, myself and my two grandchildren stayed at this hotel April 11-13, 2014. we were put in a handicap room(had no problem with that) but it was dirty and smelled awful...one of the beds was propped up on pieces of 2x4 wood....not very safe for anyone. the shower had mold all around the outer edges.
The worst part was, we all awoke with bites on our bodies that itched....we checked pictures of bug bites and these were bed bug bites.
We alerted the managers and they argued saying they didn't have bed bugs and were very rude, the day manager actually laughed and called us liars...we even showed him the bites.
We then called the health dept. and reported it.
This hotel appeared to be so nice from the outside...but beware of the bed bugs they harbor.
Very unprofessional behavior by the manager on days...he was very rude and nasty!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Tannice L
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. I was unaware that you were upset about being put in a handicap room as that is the room type you reserved. This is also the first I am hearing of the room smelling and a broken bed frame. I will have these items checked.

Your adult daughter checked in on Friday and reported Saturday morning that her daughter was bitten by something. The manager on duty then investigated and found no signs of bugs and ended up giving your daughter a very large discount on the room. You choose to stay in the room for 3 nights so the bugs must not have been so bad or not there at all?! If it were bed bugs most people would have demanded to not be charged and left instead of staying 2 more nights.

I must say I am a little appalled by your inaccurate statements. I never once spoke to you. I did not see you until right before your family left and I was unaware you even stayed overnight in the room as it was reserved by your adult daughter. Me not discussing the matter with you at any point on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday makes it categorically impossible for me to laugh in your face and call you a liar. I was made aware of the situation on Saturday and the hotel thought everything was resolved as you stayed for 3 nights.

Monday morning I walk in and your daughter is waiting at the door for me and starts yelling at me about bed bugs. I asked her to describe the situation. After hearing what she said my reply was that it did not sound like bed bugs to me but I would need to check the room to be sure. I was never rude with he I only kept saying that I did not think it was bed bugs and I needed to check the room. Once I was able to leave your daughter I went to the room and found no signs of bugs which seemed to make her unhappy. She then threatened to call the health department, so I encouraged her to and said that we would cooperate with them.

When the health department arrived they asked to see rooms. They searched several rooms and found nothing. You, your daughter, and her children even stood there in the room when they searched the room you stayed in and two health department officials told you that there were no bugs in that room nor any of the other rooms. I do not understand why you would make such a post when two people who are professionally trained and make their living in environmental services tell you that there are no bed bugs. Pictures on the internet of bug bites are not a proper way to diagnose anything.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

On a short road trip to visit my family in Logansport, we had to call it a night after weather and our rental car decided to camp us out in Logansport instead of driving back to Chicago. When we arrived around 10 pm, the staff was super friendly, attentive, and helpful. They went out of their way to get us small bathroom amenities because we had none with us. The room was very clean, as was the rest of the property. Breakfast in the morning was hot and more than we expected. Thanks for a nice stay! Would definitely stay again, and probably will this summer for my brother's wedding!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thanks for the review. We are please you enjoyed your stay. Your comments painfully remind me how bad this winter has been. We can't wait for the snow to meet. See you in the summer when you return.
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I had a horrible stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Logansport, IN. My family and I stayed in the hotel and we were stuck next to obnoxiously loud people who were drinking beer, cursing and running up and down the hall way.When I called the front desk they just brushed it off and said they would speak to the loud people. They were still loud and I called the front desk numerous times after that, they never did anything about it. Staff at this location are TERRIBLY LAZY!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank E B
Corey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Logansport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for leaving us some feedback. From your post information I see that you stayed in back in September. I wish you would have shared your experience sooner so the issue could have been addressed right away. Now that it is nearly four months later we can only speculate on what happened and the cause. Since your stay in September there have been several staffing changes and retraining efforts and your next stay should be more enjoyable.
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I, along with several other family members, stayed here while in town for a family reunion. We could not have asked for better accommodations - the rooms and common areas were clean and updated, the staff was friendly, the breakfast bar was more than adequate, and a couple of minor issues that we had were resolved in a friendly and professional manner. I would definitely stay here again and, in fact, are planning our next trip (we have two adorable grandchildren that live in town, so we'll be back frequently).

Room Tip: go for the third floor if possible, and it's worth an upgrade to a suite!