“First time B&B... awesome!”
Review of Thyme for Bed

Thyme for Bed
Ranked #1 of 1 Lowell B&B and Inns
Danville, Illinois
“First time B&B... awesome!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I accidentally happened upon this B&B when looking for a unique place to spend my first anniversary. I booked the room, not really knowing what to expect. I thought it was cool simply because the boyfriend and I are hooked on the TV show "Under the Dome." The look on his face was priceless when we pulled up! Sherryl gave us the tour and made us immediately feel at home. Pictures didn't do the place justice... it was electic and quite the find in the middle of farm country! Sherryl checked with us the night before to let us know what was on the breakfast menu as she showed us the rooms... we weren't aware of the time discrepancy! After feeding us a delicious breakfast on Sunday morning and her taking a few pictures for the BF and me, we all hugged goodbye. It was like we were part of the family. We have told everyone about the place... should've kept it to ourselves because we won't be able to get a reservation for all the new business. Can't wait to go back again! P.S. The place was cleaner than my own home!!

Room Tip: Any of the three rooms would be an excellent choice!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank S M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My Wife and I were up that area for a wedding and the task given to me was to find a place to stay for the night. I went through Hotels.com to find local hotels and came across this gem, from the first photo it caught my eye and seen it has availability for the weekend we needed.

I booked it right away! We get up there and Cheryl was very helpful and curteous. Showing us all of the rooms and showing us around the entire place. Our room was not ready when we got there, cause everywhere I go I get there entirely tooooo early. But she accomodated us by allowing us to put our luggage in the room. That was fine cause we left briefly after the tour to go to a wedding and the reception and got back around 9:30pm. My pregnant wife was having tummy issues which is fine we got back and got to enjoy the room more.

Everything was setup nice, the air conditioner in the room my wife wants now cause it kept her from being kept away from my snoring. We didn't use the fire place but we did turn it on to try it out, as well the same goes for the jacuzzi tub.

The next morning we sat down and had breakfast with the rest of the couples there in the other rooms and Cheryl made us a wonderful breakfast based off of what we requested.

The next time we are in the area and are looking for a place to stay, this place will be my first choice!

Room Tip: The Room: "In Your Dreams" may be the most expensive, but there is a reason. It was the be...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bradley C
Virginia
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This was a great adventure! Cheryl couldn't have been warmer. After settling the confusion of this part of Indiana being in the wrong time zone, we settled down in our room. Very comfortable. The house is very open and Cheryl not only rents the room but her home. After doing Smores on a bon fire we settled in and watched the debates with her. Not just the house was great! Breakfast both mornings were wonderful. She likes people to have an experience and she gives it - her choice of dinner places were also spot on. Highly recommend this eclectic country home - beautiful setting. Thanks Cheryl!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tasmandevil
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

This place was so unique. My wife and I stayed here for one night and it was not long enough. The hospitality we received was amazing. We stayed in the "In your dreams" room and it was awesome. Last but not least the breakfast was phenomenal.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Lance K
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The owners make sure this BnB is in tip top shape. The bed in the Victorian Room was very comfortable and they have separate air conditioners in each room, which act like a soother for me since I am a light sleeper. There are seven swings on the property: two in the loft, two on the deck, two in the yard and one under the willow tree. The breakfast was very delicious! I could go on and on, but we will definitiely be returning, since we have many friends that live in the area.

Room Tip: Only three rooms. The Pheasant and Victorian rooms are upstairs so you won't hear any footsteps...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy M
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed at Thyme for Bed from June 23 to June 24. Exceptional experience....wished I lived a little closer in order to visit there more often. Sheryl is a most gracious hostess and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The bedrooms are exquisite in decor, breakfast deserves great praise. Trip was with my daughter, granddaughter and her friend to celebrate my granddaughter's 16th birthday. After visiting Fair Oaks Farm (another fantastic adventure), the stay at Thme for Bed was the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong booking this bed and breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PAPA64
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We live in central Ohio but were traveling to Chicago for a workshop. We chose Thyme for Bed for 2 reasons: the unusual design of the building and the fact that it was only an hour's drive from Chicago. The hosts, Sherryl and and Don were friendly, gracious, and made us feel right at home the moment we walked in the door. We stayed in the Pheasant Room, which was decorated with many little extra touches--even the closets were luxurious!--and a little dish of M & M's awaited us on the bed, and chocolate will win me over every time. The accommodations from top to bottom were immaculately clean and cozy-feeling, and Don gave us a lot of background information about how the home was built, which I found absolutely fascinating. The piece de resistance, however, were the breakfasts (we stayed 2 nights), which are now in a tie of "the best breakfast I've ever had." Sherryl previously owned a restaurant, and it clearly showed in the absolute FEASTS she served, exquisitely presented.

We will DEFINITELY return to experience this little piece of heaven again!

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
Comfort Inn Hebron
Inn at Aberdeen
#2 of 2 in Valparaiso
Songbird Prairie Bed & Breakfast
Super 8 Hebron Lowell Area

Been to Thyme for Bed? Share your experiences!