“Nice Find”

Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Established in 1984. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week. Casual family restaurant, and the Epitome of Delicious.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Was out visiting some friends and came to George's Family Restaurant. What a nice find. We all ordered lunch and were very satisfied at the taste and quality of our meals from soup to salad to our entrée to dessert everything was better than your average Greek restaurant. Can't wait to go back and try dinner.

2  Thank unknowndiner

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were in this area a couple years ago. Went back to Georges. They didn't disappoint us. The food is great, serving generous, staff is friendly and efficient, prices competitive. My wife's favorite comment about restaurants," it was clean". We would certainly eat there a third time should we return to the area.

3  Thank toobks70
Reviewed 1 January 2013

If there is some sort of baseline standard for a general service diner, this is it. You will never be surprised here. Good or bad, everything is... fine. Not great, but not bad. The menu has a wide range of options -- you can have the minimum, basic version of just about any American standard, with a few Greek items tossed in for flavor (literally).

Breakfast is solid, well executed. For other meals -- well, it's a meal. You wont' go hungry, the bill won't make you complain, and if you want food you could have eaten in 1968, this is the place.

2  Thank Jimverbose
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Just your average beef, mashed and daily specials....food is okay, but nothing great. They do have daily specials you might try. Okay for breakfast.

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 27 March 2012

George’s is one of the few restaurants in Lowell, Indiana. Booths and tables accommodate the people. What decorations there are is pretty neutral. The menu is large as typical Region Greek owned restaurants tend to be. I went with friends for lunch. I had the French dip. It came with fries, but for $1.10 more, you could get onion rings. It was a nice sunny day and I was in the mood for onion rings. The food came. My friends ordered the Mediterranean salad. They were huge. My French dip was alright, nothing special. The onion rings were not hot at all. I sent them back. The server finally brought them when I was finished with the French dip. Never had onion rings for dessert. They were hot this time. But before I could say, “Ketchup, please,” the server was gone. We did not get refills of our water. It was very busy and I got the impression that the server might be new. French dip with second chance Onion rings with tax was $11.21.

2  Thank RexGermanorium